All reviews front desk buck owens beautiful lobby wet bar family suite cinnamon rolls crystal palace i highly recommend this hotel nice room great bed would definitely stay here again rooms are large two queen beds las vegas business center coffee maker fridge and microwave
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

I have a checklist to evaluate a hotel

These are things important to me as a sometime road warrior but may not be to everyone

Hotel Ratings Checklist

Location/ accessibility- right off the freeway but not close to town

Ease to get to room- our room was close to the lobby

Room size- very large with high ceilings

Space to lay out suitcase- yes

Thermostat- AC/heat- worked great in very hot weather

Bed- firm & comfortable

Pillows- marked firm and soft, very cool

Desk for working- nice and spacious

Chair for desk- excellent and adjustable

Plug for electronics charging on desk- several, excellent

USB charging outlets- no

Bathroom vanity- handicap room so it was small

Toiletries- low end

Towels- mid range, ok

Shower size- handicap room so very large but poor drainage caused entire bathroom floor to flood which was very dangerous

Hot water in shower- long wait for hot water

Bathroom exhaust fan- excellent

Age of plumbing- new and worked well

Shower head height- nice height for my 6’4” frame

Toilet size, age- high, large bowl, new

WiFi- strength, secure?- strong, secure

Refrigerator- yes

Microwave- yes

Coffee maker-yes

Clock- yes

Night light- no

Cleanliness- very clean

Privacy- very quiet

Noise levels- low

TV & channels- nothing special, poor remote control

Lighting- adequate

Value- very good

No complimentary water, no Kleenex in room, no light switches next to bed

Would definitely stay here again

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

The staircase view just as you enter the lobby make you feel like visiting again. Friendly and helpful staff. Property well built and maintained. Easy access to and from Freeway, close to lots of eateries.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We stayed here for one night during a recent vacation to the US. We like to do road trips and we used this hotel to break a drive from San Francisco to San Diego. We found the hotel easily enough and we went into reception to check in. The young lady behind the front desk was polite enough until she realised that we (2 men) were sharing a room with only one bed and the look on her face said it all. The following comment is for this young lady "if you find the thought of 2 men sharing a bed off putting then you are in the wrong trade" Myself and my partner have been together for more years than you have been on this planet.
The room was large and pleasant with a nice soft bed and decent a/c. There is a convenience store next door to the hotel so its very handy for sodas etc. Plenty of hot water in the bathroom but found the ice machine on our floor was out of order and from the looks of it it had been out for a while.
Breakfast the next day was tasty and there was plenty to pick from.
The only thing that spoiled the stay was the poorly trained staff on the front desk. If this hotel wants to keep this female on the front desk then train her to keep her personal opinion to herself and not bring it into her place of work. She left a bitter taste in my mouth as I thought this sort of behaviour was a thing of the past.

Room tip: if you are a gay couple book elsewhere
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Hi ukguyz!

We've always wanted to provide our guest simple pleasures. I'm happy that you appreciate these from our cozy and clean rooms to our signature breakfast buffet. It would have been a perfect stay if not for your disappointment on the service from one of our Front Desk staff. I'm sorry you and her started off on the wrong foot.

Your feedback will be discussed with our Front Office Manager to ensure that our entire Front Desk staff are trained thoroughly to bring joy to all of our guests.

Thanks for choosing us for your stopover and sharing what you think. We hope travels bring you back our way, so we can deliver a five-star experience.

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 9, 2018

My gripe with this hotel is that the check-in staff are not very 'with it' and not trained.. So turned up with my Civil Partner with a booking for a King room, the check in staff asked my partner if he had a room sorted, then pointed out this was a King room with one bed.. seriously in this day and age.. I know its Bakersfield but many a gay must pass through this place. The hotel is pretty nice, rooms are large and comfy with all required amenities. Breakfast included with a good selection of items.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank si1972
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Hi si1972,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our hotel. It is good to know that you found the room accommodations to your liking. I appreciate the high rating that you gave us in terms of sleep quality. I am glad that your stay was comfortable.

I regret to read about the service letdown from our hotel staff, especially during check-in. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and I am sorry for your disappointments. I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly.

Please give us a try again and I believe you will find the experience quite different.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in from a road trip in California. We arrived at 10pm. Lots of parking but wasn’t sure about surrounding area. Lots of things to do nearby but wasn’t a place to be walking around at night.

We were quoted a higher price than what we saw online and unfortunately the staff isn’t able to match. So we booked our reservation online and had our room in minutes at the best price. The clerk was very helpful.

It’s a new property but much of the decor felt like it was straight 80’s! It lacked amenities in that for snacks/drinks it was a couple of vending machines.

The room was big and had all we needed. The one disappointing thing was that the “full body massage shower in every room” that was advertised had been taken out and replaced with a cheap shower head??? There was a stain on the carpet but the rest of the room made us forget about this.

Good place to stay for a night. We got a great sleep.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple