“Outstanding Stay. Highly Recommended!”

Ramada Limited Bakersfield North
Ranked #24 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Syracuse, New York
“Outstanding Stay. Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

If you're looking for a great place to stay, the Ramada Suites Bakersfield is for you. Clean hotel, my room was clean and comfortable, the staff was excellent and offered wonderful service. Hard to believe the room was as cheap as is was for everything I got. Swimming pool, free breakfast, free wifi, free parking, and a great location right off the highway. The value was fantastic. I plan to stay here every time I pass through Bakersfield, and highly recommend this hotel to all!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank NYEC_Traveler
RamadaBakersfield, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Limited Bakersfield North, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
NYEC_Traveler,

We appreciate your feedback at our property as it does help potential travelers know what we offer at our hotel.

It thrills us the great experience you had at our hotel and that you plan on returning to our property when you are in Bakersfield, CA. Just like you, we have many loyal guests that stay consistently at our property and take advantage of being a familiar face with the front desk staff.

Thank you for highlighting many of our amenities and services at the property. Our value here at the hotel we feel is great. We offer so much to our guests with great rates during the week and on weekends.

Make sure to try out our spa next time you are here, NYEC_Traveler!

Much thanks,
Ramada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Frankfurt
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed here for the second time. For the price you pay it's really a great place to stay. Clean, nice staff, complimentary continental breakfast. The rooms include fridge, microwave and free wifi. There was nothing to complain about.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
RamadaBakersfield, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Limited Bakersfield North, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
sunsetd,

I am pleased to see you had a wonderful stay with us and our staff was able to provide you with excellent customer service. Our hotel we feel offers so much for such a great value and we are thankful that you pointed that out in your review. We truly pride ourselves on making our guests feel at home when they stay with us and we hope to see you or your family and friends in the future!

See you soon,
Traralgon
Reviewed 9 October 2011

This was a great hotel for a great price $53. Staff friendly and helpful, clean, comfy, don't need anything more..

Room Tip: All good. Worth staying...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
tabullen,

I am so happy to hear I was able to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible! My favorite part about coming to work is getting to interact with guests such as yourself and ensuring you all have the best experience while in Bakersfield. We are a very popular destination for not only guests heading out to large events that are held here, but also visitors who check out many of the great restaurants that are close to our hotel. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Bakersfield!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My best recommendation for this hotel is do not give your credit card to check in UNTIL you have viewed the room. We made the unfortunate mistake of checking in and then going to the room, only to find a room that had blood splatters on the box springs, pubic hairs on the bed, crud and stains all over the pull out bed, a huge melted iron mark on the carpet, a non draining sink in the bathroom, and an all around dinginess that was more reminiscent of scene from a horror movie. So, you guessed it, my children and husband said that we absolutely couldn't stay there, to which we left after maybe 20 minutes. Very contritely, I apologized to the front desk manager and told him that we were going to have to leave. He asked why and I told him. I asked him if he had run my credit card and he said he wasn't sure but to call the manager on Monday (it was a Saturday night). We drove around and found a great room at the Hampton Inn nearby. That is one I HIGHLY recommend. Well, it has been a month, the manager never returned by phone calls, they ran my card for the $90 or so bucks and they manager refused to return my money. I have contacted their corporate headquarters with promises to look into the matter but nothing goes anywhere, certainly not a refund. I am filing complaints with the BBB and the CA Attorney General's office, stealing is just not the way a business should operate. So, BE WARNED!!! Look at the room FIRST and don't hand over your valuable money first or it may never be seen again.

Room Tip: Check out the room BEFORE you give them your credit card.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Pungentfall

Travellers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 May 2011

i had recently stayed here and loved it. The rooms were very nice i had 2 beds, a couch, tv, microwave, coffee maker, and the room was very spacious!! .The employees were very nice and helpful and made sure that i was take care of. They also serve free breakast in the morning which was also great.Everything was clean and my stay was very comfortable. I even used the workout center and the jacuzzi. Its located in a great spot with entertainment and restaurants within walking distance. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
wanda101,

Wow,thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your experience with us in downtown Bakersfield. We are considered one of the least expensive hotels in the downtown area for the value you get, and paired with our exceptional customer service and the amenities we offer, we are a very popular destination for Bakersfield visitors! We work hard to make sure that everything is clean for our guests and we have a great housekeeping staff that works very hard everyday. Thanks for highlighting so many great features about our property.

We hope you will come back and visit us again soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Came into Bakersfield for a Business trip and I wasn't sure about which hotel to select. One of my co-workers suggested Ramada on Real road since they had such a good experience with their stay last time. I had a great experience here, the room was comfortable, the staff was excellent, and the price was great. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Call in advance!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words, TravelBird84! I am happy we could provide you with the level of service Ramada is known for and exceed your expectations while visiting us. While our location is great for guests to explore all that downtown Bakersfield has to offer, we also want to make sure that they feel as welcome and comfortable while in the hotel as they do while out exploring the city especially when they are here for business. We understand that sometimes staying in a hotel in an unknown place can be unnerving but our hotel staff tries to make our guests feel very comfortable with their stays.

Thank you for pointing out so many great amenities that we offer guests here. Also, give your co-worker a BIG thank you from us to them since they recommended us. We appreciate them acknowledging the confidence in our hotel that we have as well.

We hope to see you again soon!
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Booked this hotel through Priceline.com for $32 a night (name your own price). Stayed 2 nights in April for my son's soccer tournament. If your expecting the hilton or marriott, then pay for the hilton or marriott. This hotel was fine and a value at the price I paid.

We were on the 4th floor. The room had high ceiling which made it feel spacious. The room was clean. Bed was fine and my son didn't complain about the couch bed he slept on. No issues with the bathroom or shower. Lots of channels on the tv but the tv was old. AC and heat worked fine. The fridge was adequate and we didn't use the microwave.

The breakfast was what I expected. Make your own Belgian waffles, bagles, toast, cereal, juice, coffee. Again, for $32 a night including the free breakfast, this was a value.

Check in and out was fast. Front desk staff was friendly. They had some good restaurant recommendations. By the way - this hotel is right off the freeway and there are plenty of dining options within walking distance or a short drive.

I would definitely stay here again. There's plenty of hotel options in Bakersfield. You can spend more and get a nicer hotel for sure. But if your traveling on a budget and don't need the fancy amenities, this is a good choice.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
NYGIANTSFAN56INSD,

We see you're a big Giants fan, so are we! Soccer tournaments are very big here in Bakersfield, CA since we hold so many of them since we are centralized in California to accommodate everyone meeting in a central location.

I appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff, as they work extremely hard to ensure our guests can have the most comfortable stay with us.

As you mentioned we are very close to so many restaurants that are within walking distance which makes our location, our price and our value so ideal.

We hope that your son's soccer game went well and that we see you soon,