All reviews studio room shopping within walking distance well equipped kitchen california avenue one night train whistle adequate parking full kitchen guest laundry an extended stay complimentary breakfast juice and coffee las vegas average stay hot and cold items shopping and restaurants great room
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

One night here. Right price, right location. Desk staff, not very friendly. Room was very large. Microwave, two burner stove, dishwasher, garbage disposal. King bed was comfy. Breakfast was plentiful and good. Definitely recommend.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
bill w, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Hello Karen,

Thank you for your feedback and staying with us while in Bakersfield. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Easy access from freeway and plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. The property is a little bit outdated with small bathrooms. The rooms themselves are spacious and clean. Good breakfast and happy hour. The staff was very pleasant.

Date of stay: August 2018
bill w, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you Robert for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as we are continually working to improve us guest satisfaction from your feedback.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

We stayed overnight en route to Las Vegas. Room was excellent - 2 king beds and a sofa bed so loads of room. Fully equipped kitchen & complimentary breakfast included. Parking was free - lots of places to eat nearby.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We stayed overnight last night due to having changed plans with Yosemite being closed. We travelled from Pismo where we had stayed in an overrated Hilton for more than twice the amount of the Residence Inn. On arrival we were checked in early by Eric( I think?) who was really friendly and informative.... had booked a king suite for myself husband and 17 year old daughter. The room had a kitchenette and everything from pans to a microwave. We spent the afternoon at the pool and used the laundry and found plenty of restaurants around to choose from. Overall we found the hotel to be very clean and the breakfast which was included had both hot and cold items. Great value for money, friendly staff and in my opinion was better than some of the more expensive Hotel chains we have used during our road trip.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018

My family was invited to attend a 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration in Bakersfield, Ca the weekend of July 27-29. I made an online reservation in May at the Bakersfield, Ca Resident Inn for the weekend of July 27-29 for a one bedroom room #73469907. In July and elderly handicap family member asked me to make a reservation for her where I was staying. July 10, I called the reservation line because I had questions concerning getting an accessible room. I asked for a one bedroom room that had a roll in shower and was told it was available, the reservation was made in my name with my credit card. At no time did I mention to the operator I had made an earlier online reservation. July 27 my husband and I arrived at the Resident Inn attempting to check into both rooms. I was told there was only one reservation for the accessible room. The phone operator had cancelled the online reservation made in May and substituted it with the accessible room. I was told the hotel was full, no rooms available. I decided to check into the accessible room, at least the other family member would have a room even though we planned to be at same hotel so I could assist her. The lady at the desk tells me "I see you requested roll in shower, it's not available". Now I am really not happy that Marriott really dropped the ball on TWO different reservations TWO TIMES. They said "the rooms with roll in showers are occupied by long time visitors, as we are an extended stay hotel." If this were true the room would not have been available July 10, when the reservation was made. The room they were trying to give me was not acceptable for a wheelchair bound person. I scrambled to find two rooms, one with a roll in shower at the last minute. It took awhile but found two rooms at another chain, at a higher rate that we asked for originally at Marriott. This whole mess created by MARRIOTT was very upsetting and ruined the first day of the celebration for us. I will NEVER visit Marriott's Resident Inn in Bakersfield, Ca they have lost my family as guest for ever.

Room tip: At this hotel you should confirm what your confirmation says before arriving, because confirmations mean nothing
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank drlrichard
bill w, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

I would like to express our sincere apology for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay!
Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent any miscommunication with reservations from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Bakersfield.