“Changed hands. Now the Copper Kettle Cafe.”
Review of The Brown Dog Coffee Shoppe - CLOSED

The Brown Dog Coffee Shoppe
Reviewed March 23, 2015

Drove past and saw 2 men putting up a new Copper Kettle sign so I thought I'd stop and visit. It's still the Brown Dog. Just the name changed. Same interior, same menu. Maybe they are in the process of renovating.

2  Thank HyggeWanderer

Reviewed March 6, 2015

I went to Waterdown with my daughter as she was going to a job interview. Afterwards we went to Brown Dog's for lunch. I fell in love once we walked in. It has such a charming, friendly, open atmosphere. A huge chalkboard hangs over the service counter with the days menu on it. The staff is very friendly and the place is huge, yet cozy and inviting. The soups and sandwiches we had for lunch were delicious. I just didn't want to leave. Now my daughter goes frequently for lunch when she's at work and tonight she's bringing some fresh fritters home for Friday night dessert!!

2  Thank Liz P
Reviewed February 26, 2015

I've visited this locally owned restaurant numerous times and I can't say enough about it, the menu is extensive,breakfast options available all day, large portions, very fresh, homemade soups, salads are very creative, fantastic food. Service is fabulous, always a smile and a warm greeting from the staff. Great place for a relaxing lunch, coffee and a fritter and their latest "drink of the day" is incredible... This months special, toffee crunch mocha with whipped cream.....amazing. When you are passing through the village of Waterdown, do yourself a favour and drop in, free internet and child friendly.....and they cater, so consider the Brown Dog for your next in office lunch meeting. Looking forward to my next visit, thanks to all the staff, you rock!

1  Thank traveltheworld61
Reviewed February 26, 2015

This was our 2nd visit, and we decided to try the apple fritters. They were delicious! Cooked to perfection and served warm! The Earl Grey tea had great flavour. The staff was very friendly. We'll be back!

2  Thank RosanneT304
Reviewed February 14, 2015

Lots of choices, affordable fare, always open, always friendly.
Quite noisy, but offer a quiet area, old movies, good coffee and friendly service.

1  Thank Jude1885