“Finger licking ribs! The best! ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Everett & Jones Barbecue
Ranked #135 of 748 Restaurants in Berkeley
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue, Soups
Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

A must for rib lovers, delicious sauce, hot sauce really hot! We had a slab of ribs, potato salad and beans, coke slaw really great too. Not dietetic! Best to take away as the place is a bit of a dive but worth it!

Reviewed October 26, 2016

Meat cooked with wood fired brisk oven on location with their own B-B-Q sauces. Choice of mild, medium and hot sauces. They make their own potato salad, peach copula and sweet potato pies. I like their two-way dinner plate of rib and beef. One can order a single choice of meat (Chicken, Sausage, Beef or Rib), a 2-way or a 3-way dinner plate. There is a smaller size lunch plate as well. One can also buy a whole slab of B-B-Q rib to go. Meat is cooked just right, not dried out.

Reviewed October 6, 2016

Had the dinner with BBQ ribs and 2 sides. Ate the potato salad but it was not great, and did not eat the macaroni and cheese. The ribs were not particularly tender, with not much meat on them. They were very chewy, not even close to falling off the bone. The BBQ sauce is good though. Generally very disappointing - and I was told that the credit card machine was not working, so cash only. Recommend take out.

Reviewed September 21, 2016

This place we LOVED, so much food at a good price, people lined up
as we walked by the first time, told us we were Crazy if we did not stop in, they were correct !!! Old School feed you well, every time we went, as I want to return already.
Everything we ate was so good, great BBQ Sauce makes it, we took it back to the Hotel
Holiday Inn Express which was great, and had to much food fo one meal, it was wonderful. The chicken and Beef plates are both good.

Please stay out of Oakland nearby, The whole area around here, and the University
offer Loads of Safe fun things to do for all ages,
dont miss this BBQ. Have a Fun Trip !!! Rick

Reviewed August 21, 2016

I've been going to Everet&Jones of and on since they opened 40 years ago. The one thing that sticks out is consistency. That coupled with serving the best bbq I've ever had (which of course is a matter of taste and can be debated) and yes I have been to Kansas City. Great sides as well. Only change I've seen is they've gone from funky old white bread to wheat. Oh well what can you do? Though I no longer live in the Bay Area I make a trip to Everet&Jones part of the agenda when I go back.