“Fabulous brisket, friendly service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Everett & Jones Barbecue
Ranked #133 of 747 Restaurants in Berkeley
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue, Soups
Reviewed May 23, 2017

Visiting Berkeley and walking around to see what restaurants are near our hotel....we hadn't actually planned on barbecue, but stopped here because it smelled so good....sweet-tangy-smoky aroma wafting onto the street. We were not disappointed, the brisket is superb, slow cooked, tender, and lean, with an absolutely fantastic bbq sauce. I have sampled bbq brisket in many establishments in New York, Nashville, and New Orleans, and Everett & Jones is better. I had the sandwich plate, so only one side which was potato salad-- nice and fresh, not too much mayo, and delicately flavored with a hint of dill. Note from the more adventurous members of my family: if you ask for your sauce to be spicy, it will be!

We had the opportunity to chat with Mary the owner and she is a delight, and seems to know many of the customers and neighbors. Introduce yourself if she's there, you'll have a new friend!

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

One word, "Nasty". Ordered the rib dinner. The ribs were the poorest quality ribs I had ever been served. Inedible. The beans and potato salad weren't much better.

Reviewed January 12, 2017

I had takeout ribs from this place twice while I was in Berkley for just a week. They were so delicious that my family and I ordered them for our New Year's Eve's party. I loved the barbecue sauce they use as it is a little sweeter and thicker and less acidic and tart compared to other places I have been. My daughter lives in the area and this is her go-to bbq restaurant. And we are from the South, so we know good bbq when we taste it, lol!!

Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

Get a link Dinner and the food was cold like it came out the freezer never again. I wish it was like the one in down town Oakland the food much better and this is family owned? Only thing hot was the potato salad, bbq sauce not hot, bread was day old not soft what's wrong with this place. It use to be a good place but not anymore.

Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

A must for rib lovers, delicious sauce, hot sauce really hot! We had a slab of ribs, potato salad and beans, coke slaw really great too. Not dietetic! Best to take away as the place is a bit of a dive but worth it!