“cheese steak sandwich”

Cheese Steak Shop Incorporated
Ranked #340 of 726 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Soups
Reviewed 2 August 2016

This location is one of two places that are outstanding just a little place but great the grill is seasoned the best the service great one day i went in for the first time bought a 15 inch with every thing on it sat outside and started to eat just melted in my mouth after i finished i went in and bought another one they are so good you have to try for your self

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

The Cheese Steak Shop has excellent cheese steaks!!! Based on the Trip Advisor report, I decided to try it. They were easy to get to, with parking beside the restaurant.

Their cheese steaks were delicious!!! They are a good size, with great tasty steak, creamy cheese, and are delicious!

I'd definitely recommend it!!!!

Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

I LOVE cheesesteaks!
Wanted something a little more health conscious. I went with the veggie option
It had just enough meat and cheese to make it enjoyable.

I recommend it for those of you trying to keep your lab work in reasonable limits

Reviewed 22 November 2014

This is just a little hole in the wall. At first glance I questioned myself about even going inside but very happy I did. If I lived closer I'd become a regular.

Reviewed 17 September 2014

then, right across the street, you have everett and jones bbq!
boy...on a tight budget these two places just can't be beat...
but let me just stick to the cheese steak sandwiches...
this is the place that turned me ON to these sandwiches and, interestingly enough, out of all the places i've eaten since(b/c i first ate at the place on university ave over 30 yrs ago), this turned out to be the best. their other locations are pretty much equally as good, imo...
whatever looks good, as far as whatever combination of ingredients you might want, will probably be good...i used to love that tomato sauce they put on the pizza cheesesteaks...
they also do these steaks in chicken if that's your preference...