“Excellent if you love spam musubi, loco moco”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wikiwiki Hawaiian BBQ
Ranked #328 of 735 Restaurants in Berkeley
Reviewed 12 September 2015

I had one of my best meals ever here, spam musubi, katsu musubi, and loco moco (fried egg on hamburger patty with gravy).

Brought tears to my eyes, memories of a month I spent in Kaua'i years ago.

This is real country Hawaiian comfort food. It is humble, it is junky, it is excellent.

A family from Hawaii eating there started chatting with me because from what I ordered, they thought I was from there too.

Decor, ambience are poor but they sure care about the food.

Reviewed 11 July 2015

My first impression of this "Hawaiian BBQ" place on Shattuck in Berkeley, CA was that from the outside they look modern; however once inside, their restaurant was honestly sort of run down. Service was not overly friendly, and their food was just average.

They are conveniently located and do offer the typical "plate lunches" from Hawaii, but for my taste, I've had better. Their portions are generous and they offer a varied menu with reasonable prices.

If you're craving this type of food, then this restaurant will do. But coming from Hawaii, I would rate them as just average. Thanks.