“Very elegant-- great service”

Montage Beverly Hills
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Very elegant hotel. Had great service experience. Use the hotel courtesy car --driver was very helpful. Also, you must eat at the open air cafe on 9th floor. Awesome view and you get to see lots of hollywood deal lunches going on. Also, hotel is in great location for sightseeing.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Texdelmundo

Reviewed 2 February 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times, and have always had a wonderful experience. This time we had a lovely room with a balcony . Unfortunately we couldn't use it, because the guests on either side of us were smokers, and smoke blew in the patio door, and was constantly in the hallway . We mentioned this to the person at the desk when we checked out, reported our experience in the detailed survey the hotel sent us after our visit, and wrote an email to the hotel about our experience. We should have asked to be moved, but we were only there for 2 nights, and we kept hoping the smoking situation would get better. We would have appreciated some acknowledgment of our reported experience from the hotel. As lovely as this hotel is, I am not sure I would stay there again .

4  Thank Linda H
MontageBH1, Front Office Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you for your recent visit to Montage Beverly Hills. We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for any issues you encountered. I only wish your entire stay had been seamless.

I regret that you were less than satisfied with your room accommodations; however I am happy that I was able to discuss over the phone with you.

We pride ourselves on providing truly customized service with keen attention to detail, and I apologize that you didn’t experience this upon your arrival. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and you have my personal commitment to a more satisfied stay. Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss your experience further.

Best regards,
Chris Olthoff, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We have stayed at almost all quality hotels in LA. The montage delivers everything it promises. Its not cheap, BUT you get what you pay for. The rooms are great, the doorman even remembers your name, etc etc, etc.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2012

As an anniversary treat I was surprised and indulged at this elegant hotel. We were in a suite designed to give each guest both a luxurious and comfortable experience. Every detail was designed in the best taste, and I mean every detail, from the mattress, down to the bathroom mirrors; I am sure that very few locations think this through. The space, the colors, the materials, the views all made returning home complicated. That is to say, it was hard to leave and at the same time we went home with some ideas for home improvement. Kudos to the designer, and to each of the staff, who struck exactly the right tone in each of our interactions. The Montage makes we glad that we will be celebrating more anniversaries.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

The location is excellent right in the middle of a shopping addicts dream. The concierge was very helpful. The service was 5 star as was the gym. The rooms and bathrooms are lovely as was the pool area. I had two problems that just didn't sit well with me. We had a breakfast credit for each morning for about 60.00. On Saturday we had an expensive breakfast but just what you would expect at this caliber of hotel. Sunday we went down and we were told there was a buffet. Luckily I asked the price and it was 70.00 (I get it but I don't want to eat and drink like that at 10 am, so give me a choice) and the other dining room was closed hence the breakfast credit was a wasted. I asked if we could use this credit for lunch and they agreed after a bit of prodding (at 500/night, I should not have to beg) and at checkout this was a problem, though resolved. There is a car service the hotel provides (5 star)but they were about 30 minutes late to pick us up (not 5 star).

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I have stayed at all the 5 star hotels in Beverly Hills and found the Montage to be equal to but not better the other hotels in its class.

The primary feature of this hotel which separates it from most of the other five star hotels is its location. It is right in the center of everything. You walk out of the hotel and all the shopping and restaurants are staring you in the face. The same is true about the Beverly Wiltshire but not the other 5 star hotels which are set off in residential areas a mile or more away.

My room was up to 5 star quality but its location was less than optimal. It was on the inside of “L” shape of the hotel building so immediately adjacent to the windows were the windows of the next room facing 90 degrees into my windows. As a result the two rooms had a clear view into each other. I had to keep my blackout window shades drawn to assure my privacy both day and night. Both the Four Seasons and L’Hermatige are flat buildings so you never encounter this problem.

Several days after I checked out I looked at my credit card bill and saw an isolated $60 charge from the Montage. I called the hotel and asked them what was this charge and they said it was from the mini bar. I explained that I never used the mini bar. The person was very courteous and told me they would credit my credit card which they did.

Two events at the hotel left me with a bad impression of it . First I was having breakfast at the roof top café which is next to the pool and has a spectacular view of Beverly Hills. Immediately next to the café seating area are pool loungers. There was a man laying in one who, within 12 feet of a group of people eating breakfast, pulled out a manicure set and started aggressively clipping his nails, finger and toes. And all the dirty looks he was getting from the people eating who could see and hear his clipping and filing did not slow him down. In fact the hotel staff would come over to him seemed to be encourage him saying “I see you are giving yourself a manicure, ha ha ha.”

The second offensive conduct occurred in the beautiful rooftop pool and Jacuzzi area. I was sitting in the Jacuzzi enjoying the sunshine when two ladies carrying a baby who was no more than a year old came in. The baby was butt naked. In many pools there is a prohibition against infants under a certain age or a requirement that the babies wear waterproof pool bottoms to prevent exactly what happed. The ladies were holding the baby in the water when the baby defecated. The lady holding the baby acted nonchalantly and kicked the results into the Jacuzzi drain. I immensely left the Jacuzzi and went into the pool.

The conduct of these two individuals was the result of the failure of the hotel to adapt appropriate rules for the use of its facilities and monitor their conduct. Both these activities left a very unfavorable impression of the hotel with me.

As for recommending this hotel, I would recommend any and of the five star hotels in Beverly Hills. All of them have something special to offer and the Montage is no different.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Taniquan
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed at the hotel for our honeymoon and everything was perfect. The staff was very curtious.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills
Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!