“Wonderful Valentine Getaway”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Salatiga, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
“Wonderful Valentine Getaway”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We had a two night "Valentine's Day Getaway" at the Montage, and it was just what we needed after my husband finished teaching 2 weeks of intensive courses and one week before the activities leading up to our daughter's wedding began. Our stay began with the surprise of being told we had been upgraded to a deluxe room with a garden view. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. We found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful in a genuine way (without the over dramatic greetings in some hotels). We were thrilled with the way they responded to special needs for my extreme food allergies, providing a small refrigerator and toaster to allow me to bring "safe" foods, and also the way the restaurant staff took special care to prepare my meal accordingly. Listening to the live harp music while enjoying gluten free macaroons and creme brulee' in the tearoom was one of our favorite memories. And, the front desk arranged for us to have a late check out allowing for a late afternoon appointment we had scheduled. Certainly one of our most memorable getaways! Thanks, Montage and staff!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I was on a rather long business trip that spanned a weekend, so I spent a good amount of downtime around the hotel. The pool was fabulous (though I wish they had built it so that you would be able to enjoy the sunlight a little bit longer into the day - there is a part of the building that extend into the sun's path by the late afternoon). I was also a bit upset that they did not serve breakfast at the pool, but the breakfast at Scarpetta, the in-show restaurant, was spectacular.

The proximity to local shopping in restaurants was fantastic. No need to get your car from valet, simply walk to Rodeo Drive and other great shopping areas.

The service at Montage is second to none. No one does it better.

Room Tip: Request a room facing Bouchon (the restaurant) if possible. This seemed to offer the best possible v...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Houston
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Very elegant hotel. Had great service experience. Use the hotel courtesy car --driver was very helpful. Also, you must eat at the open air cafe on 9th floor. Awesome view and you get to see lots of hollywood deal lunches going on. Also, hotel is in great location for sightseeing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Texdelmundo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times, and have always had a wonderful experience. This time we had a lovely room with a balcony . Unfortunately we couldn't use it, because the guests on either side of us were smokers, and smoke blew in the patio door, and was constantly in the hallway . We mentioned this to the person at the desk when we checked out, reported our experience in the detailed survey the hotel sent us after our visit, and wrote an email to the hotel about our experience. We should have asked to be moved, but we were only there for 2 nights, and we kept hoping the smoking situation would get better. We would have appreciated some acknowledgment of our reported experience from the hotel. As lovely as this hotel is, I am not sure I would stay there again .

4 Thank Linda H
MontageBH1, Front Office Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you for your recent visit to Montage Beverly Hills. We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for any issues you encountered. I only wish your entire stay had been seamless.

I regret that you were less than satisfied with your room accommodations; however I am happy that I was able to discuss over the phone with you.

We pride ourselves on providing truly customized service with keen attention to detail, and I apologize that you didn’t experience this upon your arrival. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and you have my personal commitment to a more satisfied stay. Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss your experience further.

Best regards,
Chris Olthoff, Front Office Manager
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We have stayed at almost all quality hotels in LA. The montage delivers everything it promises. Its not cheap, BUT you get what you pay for. The rooms are great, the doorman even remembers your name, etc etc, etc.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 30 January 2012

As an anniversary treat I was surprised and indulged at this elegant hotel. We were in a suite designed to give each guest both a luxurious and comfortable experience. Every detail was designed in the best taste, and I mean every detail, from the mattress, down to the bathroom mirrors; I am sure that very few locations think this through. The space, the colors, the materials, the views all made returning home complicated. That is to say, it was hard to leave and at the same time we went home with some ideas for home improvement. Kudos to the designer, and to each of the staff, who struck exactly the right tone in each of our interactions. The Montage makes we glad that we will be celebrating more anniversaries.

chicago, il, us
Reviewed 28 January 2012

The location is excellent right in the middle of a shopping addicts dream. The concierge was very helpful. The service was 5 star as was the gym. The rooms and bathrooms are lovely as was the pool area. I had two problems that just didn't sit well with me. We had a breakfast credit for each morning for about 60.00. On Saturday we had an expensive breakfast but just what you would expect at this caliber of hotel. Sunday we went down and we were told there was a buffet. Luckily I asked the price and it was 70.00 (I get it but I don't want to eat and drink like that at 10 am, so give me a choice) and the other dining room was closed hence the breakfast credit was a wasted. I asked if we could use this credit for lunch and they agreed after a bit of prodding (at 500/night, I should not have to beg) and at checkout this was a problem, though resolved. There is a car service the hotel provides (5 star)but they were about 30 minutes late to pick us up (not 5 star).

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
Westside
Hotel Bel-Air
Hotel Bel-Air
#1 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!