1,158 results
All reviewswest hollywoodgreat locationcafe amicirooms are smallrooftop deckcontinental breakfastinner courtyardno elevatorwelcome drinkboutique hotelnice breakfastsanta monica blvdyogurtwalking distancerodeo driveshort staywould definitely stay here again
Reviewed June 5, 2005

The Beverly Terrace was a wonderful experience for me. The staff was very accommodating. The rooms were impeccably clean and tidy. The parking was convenient. The coffee was fantastic. If you're a runner, there is a path right across the street that takes you on a two-mile run in some of the nicest scenery in Beverly Hills. I recommend this hotel to anyone. Excellent value!

• Stayed: May 2005
7  Thank UpCountyNYer
William S, Manager at Hotel Beverly Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback, it has been a while since this review and we hope you would allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to our humble establishment. We know you will be taken back with the changes and alterations we have made, thanks to feedback like yours. Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime, it would be a pleasure to extend a welcome and personally oversee your reservation.

Reviewed May 25, 2005

I walked in the hotel and it looked decent at first. After checking in, I had to carry my luggage to the second floor (no elevators). As I past through the hallway through a creepy door I finally found the room. As I entered the cramped room I new it was over. There were blood stains everywhere; on the comforter, on a pillow that must of had 3-4 stains, on the phone cord, and a splatter on the wall by the bathroom. I freaked out and called another hotel in the area for 20 dollars more and got the heck out of there. Worst experience ever! Way too much blood splattered in the room. If your into creepy, blood filled room then this is for you

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled on business
7  Thank santom101

Reviewed April 1, 2005

The Beverly Terrace is a great hotel! I arrived way before check in but seeing that I wasn't feeling well the lady at the front desk found a room that was ready for me. Upon finding my room on the ground floor looking out at the pool I was a bit surprised that it was so small but happy very happy in fact to find it SPOTLESS! In fact it was spotless everyday when I left for a bit or when I could since I was sick so the maid could clean the room. I am quite familiar with the area as I get to West Hollywood about 3-4 times a year and it is very close to the clubs and the grocery store. The front desk people were friendly and acconidating and even were able to store my juice and water since there was no ice box in the room. If the price is right I would deff. stay here again. As for the odd smell and unclean rooms that some people may have experienced I didn't see nor smell anything odd.

• Stayed: March 2005
4  Thank latinboy1976

Reviewed January 27, 2005

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the BT. We booked it at the very last minute and didn't have time to check tripadvisor for reviews, however looking at the review snow, I am quite surprised by all the negativity.

The BT has a great location - yes, it's the edge of Beverly Hills, but it's extremely convenient to West Hollywood, Sunset Strip, and major roads that will take you everywhere without needing to go on a freeway. There is an upscale Ralph's a 5 minute walk away, and you can also walk to the very tasty restaurant Dan Tana's, which is just around the corner.

Parking at the BT is free, and while there are only a small number of spots, we did not have any trouble parking for the night.

The rooms are small by North American standards, but anybody who has done any travelling throughout Europe will find that they are quite reasonable. We had a chest of 3 drawers in our closet, as well as enough hangers to hang most of the items we had brought.

Our room was always clean, and the bathroom was particularly spotless. In fact, it was one of the cleanest I've ever seen in any hotel, let alone a small motel-style place like the BT.

The decor in the room was pleasant, though the carpets were a bit worn and flat. The doors are a bit diffcult to close, and you can frequently hear other guests struggling to push/pull them out of their snugly-fitting frames.

The pool area is very pleasant, with lots of comfy lounge chairs, and the morning breakfast was small but good - a nice selection of breads/bagels with a toaster and all sorts of spreads.

The front desk staff are all quite pleasant, and the lady that works the day shift is especially helpful with the geography of the area. The night shift lady, who I suspect is the one that other reviewers have referred to variously as "odd", "weird", "strange" and "rude", is a perfectly nice individual. She does like to promote the tours that they can book for you, but she's not going to chase you down and insist you book with them. I think that many of the reviewers who have taken issue with her are unfamiliar with European (and especially eastern European) attitudes and hotellier practices.

My only major complaint about the BT is that the walls are quite thin, and you can hear all sorts of noise from other guests. If you're only sleeping there, though, and you come armed with earplugs like most seasoned travellers, it's no problem.

The BT is an excellent choice for any budget-conscious traveller who is used to European-style travel and is looking for a well-situated, small, and clean hotel. If you are one of those North American travellers who insists on having a room you could play football in and who cannot appreciate cultural differences between you and the management of the establishment, you'd best go find a Days Inn or something.

13  Thank Paradise15014

Reviewed October 29, 2004

My wife and I stayed at The Beverly Terrace approximately seven times over a 4 month period. We never received anything but the best service and rates from the Proprietress. Every room we stayed in was beautifully decorated, clean and pleasant.
Yes, the rooms are small. Yes, there are less amenities than many chain hotels. And again yes, the rooms are kinda small. That's what we like to call "character".
I have enjoyed every room and every day that I have stayed here. The breakfast is excellent, the surroundings are wonderful, and the staff is quite courteous I don't know what other people are looking for in a hotel, but I love this place, and would recommend it to anyone.

3  Thank Relax27246