All reviews mango juice indian cuisine great location rodeo drive quiet residential street small bar and restaurant a small boutique hotel wilshire blvd safe area rooms are small comfortable bed within walking distance visiting beverly hills valet parking king room perfect stay housekeeping staff
Reviewed August 28, 2018

This was unfortunately one of the worst stays in a hotel I've ever experienced.

From check-in, the front-desk staff lacked any hospitality whatsoever, especially one you would expect from a "4 star hotel" - not even so much as a greeting, small smile, nothing. I know I was in BH, but I did drive up in my Audi A6 toting my LV handbag and slapping down platinum Amex. Had I not already prepaid the room and it been almost 10 pm, I would have gone elsewhere at that point. Upon handing me my room card, I was directed towards the stairs (the hotel has 3 flights, we were on the 2nd floor) but told since my daughter and I had suitcases we could take the elevator. WOW - we "COULD" take the elevator only because we had suitcases. Never would I have imagined that my daughter and I might have to carry our suitcases up flights of stairs when I booked this 4 star hotel.

Now the room itself was decent. It was small but decorated nicely. The amenities were okay. Now what was of true and real issue was the insane noise. The floors in the rooms are a lovely hardwood but with that, you can hear everything from the room above you. As mentioned, it was already late and I needed to get up early the next day with a full day planned and the room occupants above me were apparently walking around with high heels of some sort which they refused to take off. After an hour or so of listening to the noise, I called downstairs to request to either be moved or if they would request my upstairs "neighbors" to quiet down and the staff I spoke to laughed and stated he understood and said he would go upstairs personally and speak to them. Note that I come to find out the next day he did NOT do this (the person told me himself) as I had to call 20 minutes later after the noise didn't stop and request again to be either moved or ask them to stop. Apparently, this time, they finally called the the room and asked them to take their shoes off as the "foot" noise quieted substantially. It was about midnight at this point. Note that you can hear well also noises from rooms next door.

Now finally upon check-out the next morning, I expect at least some sort of acknowledgement about my experience or "how was your stay?" Again, absolutely nothing from the front-desk staff. The gentleman who checked me out was apparently the same person who I spoke to the evening before about the noise and he didn't even give any notations or apologies about it. Something one would expect from any other good establishment where there was an issue. It was simply a monetary transaction.

Finally, to add insult to injury, I just checked my credit card activity and the hotel charged me for a transaction I didn't even make! It was only very nominal but still. I just called them and they claimed that it was for a mini bar item. They wouldn't even remove the erroneous charge. They said they would speak to the maid and ask them to check again and then if they find the error they will reverse the charge. It's been over a week since my stay. How in the world is the maid going to check again if she made a mistake or who knows how many customers they continuously do this to?!?!?!? Again. Wow. Just wow.

I'm a constant traveler. I'm used to staying in 4 or 5 star establishments but primarily chains, very few boutique hotels as I'm rather picky and expect good service. This place was beyond sub-par. A most definite 3-star at best.

To the GM - your front desk staff needs hospitality training, if not straight out replacement. Sorry to be harsh. It was that bad.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Elizabeth G, Guest Relations Manager at Sirtaj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Amad,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of Sirtaj Hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback. As a family-operated boutique hotel, our focus is always to make guests feel welcome at our hotel. We are sad to hear that your stay did not meet your, or our own, expectations.

To clarify, guests are always welcome to take the elevators. Many guests prefer the stairs to the 2nd floor - it's a very short set of stairs that leads directly up from our lobby. With luggage, the elevator is definitely preferable.

We will touch base with our evening team to review managing noise complaints. If you would like to reach out to us directly we would be happy to review the mini-bar charge. Please call us 310-248-2402 and ask for the manager on duty.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

We booked a room via Priceline.com. This is a small boutique hotel steps away from rodeo drive. We ha e stayed at boutique hotels in the past so we had an idea of what to expect.
Only issue we had upon arrival was that the one room they have with a double queen was booked. They only had a single queen for my family of four
They provided an air bed for our kid to sleep on until the double queen room was available two days later. They helped make the best of a bad situation. Erik was very helpful in making sure it got done for us.

Location location location....steps from rodeo drive..right off of Wilshire Blvd. cannot complain abt the location.
The rooms were nicely appointed... comfortable beds. Loved the showers!!! Sink was a bit on the small side and the water pressure led to a lot of splashing...but nothing that would create major issues.

The valet staff was very pleasant and very prompt. Worth the 38 bucks a day.

A block away on Beverly drive there are numerous eateries....
Defiantly give this hotel some consideration if u are looking in the Beverly Hills area. Just be mindful if traveling with family they only have one double room..

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel C

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for your five star review of our Beverly Hills hotel! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you and your family back again soon. We have to thank you for your understanding, with only one double bedded queen room, they book up fast and some time the computer systems don't speak to eachother in time. Feel free to call us directly when booking your stay in the future.

Warm Regards,

Liz

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

The first time I stayed here for business I had to change rooms because of a weird smell from the A/C. They upgraded me to a suite - which was ok. The second time I stayed here, they put me in the same suite.

The pluses:
1. This hotel is in a great location to Beverly Hills and is super close to Rodeo Drive.
2. The suites are actually quite big.
3. The bathrooms are awesome - good products and I love the Japanese toilets.
4. The restaurant serves REALLY good Indian food.
5. The service is good
The negatives:
1. The rooms are super noisy and you can hear everything!
2. They really need to fix the A/C - on my second stay, the A/C was super noisy and I could only fall asleep with it turned off.
3. There is literally no view.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Elizabeth G, Guest Relations Manager at Sirtaj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Hi Kester,

Thank you for your message. We are glad to hear that you think our bathrooms are awesome, that you loved our food and service and appreciated the size of our suites!

We do use traditional A/C's in the rooms, and are looking at potential upgrades that may work in the future. Some of our rooms offer views of the park across the street (a hidden gem), but others do not.

We apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay. As a family operated hotel we work hard to ensure gets get a good night's rest and enjoy our location just steps from Rodeo Drive.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Nice little hotel in a great location. Staff are very accommodating. Had a good nights sleep. Fantastic bathroom. Suitable for solo travellers or couples in a very safe area.
Hope to return. Thank you Sirtaj.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Hi Chill71,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Sirtaj Hotel! We are so glad to hear that you had a good night's sleep-- and thought that the bathroom was fantastic! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Checked in for a one night stay. This is my second time visiting the hotel. The first trip was much more of a positive experience but there has been some turnover since. My room wasn’t ready which was no big deal as I was early. I asked them to hang up my dress and they said no problem as I wouldn’t be back until after 10pm. It was thrown on my bed in my room. The top was stale smelling and when I went to turn on the ac it was struggling to say the least and also noisy. It wasn’t getting cool even when I cranked it down to 65. When I called to front desk they said they would see if they could find someone. Shortly after the front desk person came to my room and said nobody was on property. After several turning off and on actions of the ac, he said to me, well at least it’s not 85. I said well it’s not cool and that doesn’t make for a comfortable sleep. He said he would make a note and ensure it was fixed for the next guest. Not a great response for a business traveler looking for a good night sleep. No solution was offered and he left saying again he would make a note? Being on the first floor isn’t quiet not to mention hearing all of the noise on the floor above. For the price and location I would expect much greater service and recovery when things don’t go right. More than likely I won’t be back and I travel here often for business.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Bubblesprincess
Elizabeth G, Guest Relations Manager at Sirtaj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Hi Bubblesprincess,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of Sirtaj Hotel. We are so sorry to hear of the trouble with the A/C, as well as the dress not being hung, and rather laid out.

Occasionally we do have things that we cannot immediately fix and do hope to make it up to our guests when that happens. We would love for you to reach out to our hotel before you make your next booking and give us a chance to make your next visit outstanding.