No matter how hard we might try, there is nothing we can fault when reviewing this hotel. Am still bemused by how every member of staff knew us - and that was from the moment we pulled up outside of the hotel in our rental car when as I stepped out I was welcomed by name. From that moment on we were welcomed, looked after, nothing was too much trouble and yet at no time did we feel that anybody had been too intrusive. The hotel and the staff were fantastic - from booking tickets at Universal to sorting out restaurants, to simply having the rental car delivered promptly and with directions (I had thought they were joking when I asked how long it would take them to get it and they said 60 seconds - and it was!). Rooms are huge by city standards, very comfortable and spacious with plenty of storage, both a bath and shower. Hotel has a much lauded pool and bar area which lived up to expectations with 360 degree views across the city. Location is ideal for Beverly Hills, Hollywood and being on the north and west side of the city. We were there on vacation and it was an easy drive across to Universal, Hollywood Bowl or also up to the Getty Center. On a Friday morning, took us 20 - 25 minutes to get to LAX.
Concierge made some good recommendations for restaurants - we tried Nobu Matsuhita, the original Nobu restaurant where he made his name. Fantastic sushi, teriyaki beef and noodles - and very fairly priced compared to London. On our second evening we tried Red O, Rick Bayless' Mexican restaurant which was equally fantastic and good value. Breakfast - tried the Farm and was disappointed (dismissive staff, small portions, very small drinks) but had a great breakfast at Nate an' Al, a Beverly Hills institution where the portions are huge, the staff snappy and the clientele an intriguing mix of locals which made for a perfect way to end our holiday.
Other recommendations - if viewing the Hollywood sign, head for Hollywood Canyon drive and get an up close look; Universal - fantastic fun but well worth buying the First in Line pass, it made for such an easy day and with immediate access on to all rides we still spent from 10:30 to 6:00pm when the park shut without down time. Great day out. Getty Center is also superb, it's free and has an amazing collection of paintings, art, photographs and gardens with views back over LA and the beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L Ermitage stands alone as the premier hotel in Beverly Hills where unquestioned privacy and legendary elegance draws discriminating clients from the world over. Located on a peaceful tree-lined residential avenue the hotel is within walking distance to the world-renown Rodeo Drive lined with designer boutiques and art galleries along with top restaurants and noted museums. The hotel has a premier location that affords guests access to major businesses such as Cedars Sinai Hospital; the Pacific Design Center and UCLA. Los Angeles International Airport ; Burbank; Century City and downtown are twenty minutes away while the beach locales of Malibu and Santa Monica are a short drive along scenic roads. Viceroy embodies the spirit and ambiance of a sophisticated private club and a gracious urban residence. We offer guests a truly personalized experience with superior amenities and services including a flexible arrival departure policy to accommodate all travel schedules as well as a magnificent rooftop pool; secluded cabanas and The Spa all reserved exclusively for hotel guests assuring a private serene retreat and spacious guest rooms with state-of the-art technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Ermitage Beverly Hills Hotel Beverly Hills
- Raffles l Ermitage Beverly Hills