All reviewsrooftop pooldressing arearodeo drivedressing roomhouse carroom servicerooms are largeunderstated elegancevalet guyslos angelesstreet noisefour seasonsturn down serviceexceptional servicevalet servicefabulous hotelhollywood sign
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I was able to treat my wife to a a wonderful experience at this great property last November. The rooms are much larger than average and very nicely decorated. The staff was excellent, they really know how to treat their guests and I consider myself picky. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The higher floors offer a nice view of Beverly Hills.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I loved my brief stay here, it definitely exceeded expectations from start to finish.

One thing I was quite impressed with was the standard room layout & size. Lots of hotels go heavy on the service & amenities, but still provide a fairly routine, generic room. The room here, which I assume was a standard base room (based on my booking), was really quite well thought out and generous. Great amount of storage, good lighting, well thought-out locations for power connections. Quite impressive. Even though the room are clearly not brand new, they are well maintained and not showing much age.

Service, as everyone said here, is lovely. No more to say there.

The location was not my favorite. It may be perfect for some, but its buried a bit down a residental street and there's no where in walking distance. I prefer to have some nearby "street life" when possible, but if you're looking for quiet & privacy, then its perfect.

The TV reception was a bit naff. But often is in hotels these days. It seems even at a 5-star place, the TV is pretty low on the list of priorities.

Also while my basic room had a balcony, it opened just onto an alleyway, so don't expect a view!

I think for this general type of hotel, ultra-luxury & quiet, this is about as good as it gets.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank NSIInnerloop2
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Dear NSIInnerloop2,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. We appreciate your detailed room description and compliments about our customer service. While we are located in a mainly residential area of Beverly Hills, the famous stores of Rodeo Drive are just a short walk away. On behalf of the entire staff, I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for your next visit to Beverly Hills.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2012

No matter how hard we might try, there is nothing we can fault when reviewing this hotel. Am still bemused by how every member of staff knew us - and that was from the moment we pulled up outside of the hotel in our rental car when as I stepped out I was welcomed by name. From that moment on we were welcomed, looked after, nothing was too much trouble and yet at no time did we feel that anybody had been too intrusive. The hotel and the staff were fantastic - from booking tickets at Universal to sorting out restaurants, to simply having the rental car delivered promptly and with directions (I had thought they were joking when I asked how long it would take them to get it and they said 60 seconds - and it was!). Rooms are huge by city standards, very comfortable and spacious with plenty of storage, both a bath and shower. Hotel has a much lauded pool and bar area which lived up to expectations with 360 degree views across the city. Location is ideal for Beverly Hills, Hollywood and being on the north and west side of the city. We were there on vacation and it was an easy drive across to Universal, Hollywood Bowl or also up to the Getty Center. On a Friday morning, took us 20 - 25 minutes to get to LAX.

Concierge made some good recommendations for restaurants - we tried Nobu Matsuhita, the original Nobu restaurant where he made his name. Fantastic sushi, teriyaki beef and noodles - and very fairly priced compared to London. On our second evening we tried Red O, Rick Bayless' Mexican restaurant which was equally fantastic and good value. Breakfast - tried the Farm and was disappointed (dismissive staff, small portions, very small drinks) but had a great breakfast at Nate an' Al, a Beverly Hills institution where the portions are huge, the staff snappy and the clientele an intriguing mix of locals which made for a perfect way to end our holiday.

Other recommendations - if viewing the Hollywood sign, head for Hollywood Canyon drive and get an up close look; Universal - fantastic fun but well worth buying the First in Line pass, it made for such an easy day and with immediate access on to all rides we still spent from 10:30 to 6:00pm when the park shut without down time. Great day out. Getty Center is also superb, it's free and has an amazing collection of paintings, art, photographs and gardens with views back over LA and the beaches.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have same size. We chose one at the rear although Burton Way does not appear busy so not much road noise at night. Do make use of the complimentary hotel car - wifi is also free of charge.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trevorw38
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Dear Trevorw38,

We were delighted that you chose to stay with us for a portion of your trip to California. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am very pleased that our staff was able to exceed your expectations and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Beverly Hills.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Great hotel. Stayed with my wife for a few days and loved it. Lovely pool, too!

• Stayed: December 2011
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2012

Dear Philking64,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers. We look forward to your return visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 20, 2011

My husband and I spent three perfect days at the L'Ermitage Beverly Hills. Christine, the awesome concierge, booked us at two wonderful restaurants before we even arrived. She also arranged a rental car, which was delivered to the hotel the day we were using it. When we accidentally left our credit card at one of the restaurants, she sent the hotel car back to the restaurant to retrieve it for us. You could not ask for better service. The room is large and lovely. There is nightly turn down service and everything is done beautifully. We had a delicious meal in the hotel dining room our final evening and it was a perfect ending to a perfect three days. This is an elegant boutique hotel whose staff caters to one's every need. We could not pick a better place to stay in Los Angeles.

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Sailorsandy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to recognize Christine for her efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.