New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Beverly Hills Hotel

The Beverly Hills Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Marlton, New Jersey
“Paradise at the Beverly Hills Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

This place just has to be seen to be believed. It sits on busy Sunset Blvd. yet still is an oasis from the everyday hustle and bustle. Its perfectly situated just less than 5 minutes from Rodeo Drive and 10 minutes to the Sunset Strip. Wanna go to the beach? No problem just a short 20 minute drive to Santa Monica. The valet, front desk and concierage at this hotel are all simply amazing. Eating outdoors at the famous Polo Lounge is pure bliss here and something no one should pass up even if they arent staying at the hotel. This was our third trip back and my teenage daughter and wife just love all the celeb spotting that goes on. The room service is flawless with the best menu and such attention to detail. My hat goes off to the staff and management of the Beverly Hills Hotel. As soon as time allows we will be back again in our home away from home!

Room Tip: We stayed in a bungalow suite and couldnt be happier. Yes its pricey but worth every penny. Walking...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SouthJerseyTraveler1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed here for the first three nights of our honeymoon and it was amazing! The service was excellent, the room was spacious and clean and the breakfast every morning in the Polo Lounge was delicious. After dinner each night, we looked forward to drinks there as well. If you're looking for a hotel where you'll spot a celebrity or two, this is definitely your place. As soon as you leave the property, you're in the middle of the famous palm tree-lined streets of Beverly Hills. You're just minutes away from the Sunset Strip, Rodeo Drive and the Hollywood sign. This hotel is the epitome of high class and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BHHotel2010, Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear mjpino,

First of all, congratulations on your wedding! A honeymoon is a sacred experience for newlyweds so we're honored you chose us to stay the first few nights.

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and don't forget we are celebrating a 100 year anniversary this year so you must return to enjoy the festivites!

Warm regards,
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I spent 3 nights at the Beverly Hills in June 2011 along with my wife, daughter and son. This was our second time at the hotel as we had stayed here in June 2010 for the first time. The hotel is, without doubt, the best hotel I have ever been in. The quality of the hotel and its rooms are truly outstanding with nothing but the best fitting used throughout. We all found the staff very warm, friendly and attentive to your every need - nothing was ever too much trouble. We had a few lunches at the Polo Lounge and the quality of the service and food could not be faulted. One of the many outstanding features of the hotel are it gardens which are immaculate and so peaceful. The pool area is just amazing and again the attention to detail is world class. After a day out sight seeing in LA I can't think of a better place to sit and have a cold beer than on the balcony of the bar as the sun goes down - absolute bliss.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank TheHappyClan
Dear The Happy Clan,

Our first reaction to your review was how could the happy clan not have a great stay? We won't be arrogant to think it's not possible, but we do love a great screen name!

We appreciate that you've taken the time to review us and for trusting us with your family stay. We will be celebrating our 100 year anniversary this year so we find it enjoyable to read such positive reviews having been a hotel longer than Beverly Hills itself! There aren't many hotels in the world with our history and we are pelased you feel the same.

All the best, and we look forward to seeing you again soon
Glencoe, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

From the minute you enter the property, you feel the luxury of your surroundings. Everything about this place is top-drawer. The furnishings in both the public areas and the rooms are lovely. The pool is beautiful and good for celebrity sightings. What sets it apart from the other great hotels in the area is the Polo Lounge, the legendary bar and restaurant. At any time of the day, you might see someone famous. If that gives you a kick, this is the place to be. The service is beyond compare.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Dear Csg479,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on Tripadvisor. We are so pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay and you appreciate the pink palace as much as we do :)

We value you as a customer and hope to see you again soon.
Pequannock, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

After a long flight from Newark, NJ to LAX Christmas night and a problem at the car rental location, driving into The Beverly Hills Hotel was like opening up a Christmas Gift I saved for last.
From the valet who meets you out front to Nancy at the Front Desk, I knew we were going to have a great stay. Nancy, informed us that we had been upgraded to a bungalow, yeah, another gift.
Nancy herself walked my daughter and myself to our bungalow and explained that it had just been newly renovated. When we walked in we were in awe of how big and beautiful it was. Private garden, fireplace and a bathroom that was bigger than my daughter's Manhattan apartment. This was going to be had to leave in 3 days.
A few minutes later Jose showed up with our luggage. He was the most friendly man with big smile at 10 p.m at night on Christmas. He even offered to unpack our luggage. Wanted to bring him home with me. Everytime I saw Jose on the property he acknowledged us by name.
Being the owner of a service company myself, The Beverly Hills Hotel does it right. The get it. It's all about service. Even though security was extremely high because of a special guest staying there when we were, we never felt unimportant by the staff. We always mattered too. The valets are the best in town. (and my daughter says very cute too). Don't miss the opportunity to stay there if you can. Worth every penny. Have stayed at many hotels in the LA area and by far I will not stay anywhere else again.

Room Tip: If you can, the bungalows are worth the money.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank JCoyne127
Dear JCoyne127,

What a wonderful Christmas gift for us to read your review on your recent stay! We love the reference to a gift, because with the pink spanish mission architecture, the red carpet arrival, the people, the decorations and the energy we absolutely share the sentiment. We are 100 years old this year and we are proud to be the most iconic hotel in the U.S. and one of the world's best.

We appreciate your business and thank you for trusting us with your family holidays. We hope to see you again soon. The summer months are just spectacular at the pool and Cabana Cafe.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I have mixed feelings about the Pink Palace.

I absolutely loved the room, a bungalow suite, which was both spacious and luxurious. The quality of the fittings was second to none. The bathroom was possibly the best I've ever experienced, though the cheap portable TV in there seemed like a hasty afterthought. Breakfast, served in the Polo Lounge, or brought to the room, was fabulous. The quality of the food was second to none.

We were highly amused to see the star tour buses pass by the bungalows - no doubt we have appeared in several pictures where people were hoping to star-spot. Bad luck, it was just us!

The cachet of staying somewhere as famous as the Beverly Hills Hotel makes it worth a visit, once at least. We never boasted, but when people ask where you're staying... well... they did ask! It's worth it just to watch their reaction.

Unfortunately, I think the hotel is let down by the level of service provided. It is inconsistent and I wonder if there is a tacit two-tier system in operation.

We had some problems at check-in, which did get resolved satisfactorily but it took a long time (3+ hours) and a complaint to the duty manager to get it fixed. We had to change room and until this happened we couldn't unpack or settle in. Until I spoke to the manager, I felt that my complaint wasn't being taken very seriously and we were being fobbed off. I am certain that would not have been the case if I was a celebrity and we wouldn't have had to wait several hours to have problems resolved. I'm confident that the problem would not have arisen in the first place if I was a celeb. Having said that, once the manager was on the case, things happened swiftly and we were adequately compensated for the inconvenience caused.

I sometimes got the distinct impression that the staff were only being nice because they expected a very large tip. Although this is relatively common in the United States, that doesn't make it acceptable. I certainly wasn't expecting it to be overt at the Beverly Hills Hotel and it left a bad taste. However, in other cases, the staff couldn't have been nicer - especially the bell-staff, parking valets and gardening teams.

In summary, the Beverly Hills Hotel is a fine hotel, but something is missing. It lacks the class of other top hotels, which really excel on service. It feels like they've bought all the right stuff and that should make it the best hotel in the world - but it doesn't.

Would I go back? Maybe.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FourFishFingers
Dear FourFishFingers,

Thank you for taking the time to update us regarding your stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows. We are so happy you had a great stay and the food and the rooms fulfilled your expectations.

We are sorry to hear there was an issue with your check in...on occasion during busy times the previous guest does not check out at the time we are expecting them to so this creates a delay in our preparations for your stay. All of our customers are VIP's, not just celebrities and unfortunately at times rooms aren't ready due to unforseen circuymstances related to the previous guest. This happens to all hotel guests at times and cannot be avoided. We certainly didn't intend to make you feel like your issue wasn't being resolved, and the Duty Manager has the proper authority to resolve complicated issues that arise so we're pleased it was resolved.

With regards to your comment on tipping, our staff is happy to service each guest to ensure that everyone is having a great experience. We have guests from all over the world and with that comes different customs with regards to tipping and our staff is not accustomed to recieving tips from each guest. Tipping is entirely up to the customer so by no means should you feel otherwise while at The Beverly Hills Hotel. You are our guest, and we are here to serve you any time, day or night.

I also wanted to let you know we will be quietly renovating all of the guestrooms, 30 at a time, as well as the lobby, Polo Lounge and pool area over the next few years. This year is our 100 year anniversary so to celebrate we will be doing a little nip and tuck after our 100 year anniversary celebrations conclude. :-)

Thanks again for your review and we appreciate your business tremendously. We hope to see you again soon. All the best.
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

The Beverly Hills Hotel is certainly one of the best places to stay in LA. The staff at the Polo Lounge couldn't be nicer or more helpful to a single diner. I eat there every time I go to LA. The "diner" downstairs serves delicious food without all the fanfare, and I have met some of the nicest people there, as well.

The Bar 1912 had a magical vibe when I was there. The patrons were as friendly as the staff. The sliders can't be beat. You must order them.

Having two teenage girls drive by and snap my picture as I pulled out of the driveway was a nice touch. I'm sure they do this for all the guests.

The accommodations are wonderful! My only complaint is that the bed is as hard as a rock. After waking up every hour for several hours and trying to get comfortable, I gave up and slept on the sofa. Now THAT was comfortable. I slept like a baby.

I will definitely return to the hotel but I'll just plan on sleeping on the sofa.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BHinLA
BHHotel2010, Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear BHinLA,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience. We're so sorry to hear the mattress was too firm for you. We've noted this in our system and will ensure on your next visit you have a bed that is more suitable to your individual needs.

Many thanks,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Westside
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!