1,327 results
All reviews polo lounge the pink palace cabana cafe bungalow suite dorchester collection bucket list treated like royalty hollywood history room service bel air old school celebrity sightings red carpet feel special bottle of champagne checking out los angeles
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We spent New Year's Eve in one of the bungalows and it was just incredible. I haven't stayed here for close to 10 years and it's just as fabulous as it's always been. The bungalow was completely over the top - three bedrooms, three baths, a kitchen, a huge living room, porch, etc., etc. It was perfectly quiet and the sleep was amazing. The pool is fantastic. The food is terrific and the service is just completely beyond compare. It seems that nothing is too much to ask and the staff is on top of every single thing you can think of. No matter how last minute of difficult our request was they took care of it immediately. If you want to experience true 5 star service and the top of the top when you're in LA, then this is it, period!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is a very nice hotel, might be a little pricey, but you should give it a chance if you want to stay somewhere a little different. The best part is they cater to pretty much whatever you need. We needed a quick change of scenery not far from home, and we have a small dog. No problem at the BHH. On an impulse we checked availability and were accommodated. They even had a pink doggy bowl and bed for the dog, home baked cookies for him as well. We stayed at a bungalo, which catered to dogs, not that expensive, for what you get. Room was large, airy, comfortable bed, and gorgeous bath room. Nighttime was elegant just walking the grounds, smells were all around, we were there when the jasmine were in bloom. A maze of paths, surrounded by giant birds of paradise and other well established plants. Room service was instantaneous. And when our dog found the door open when I went out, he had a great time until my wife called in the situation and the whole staff seemed to be canvassing the grounds and found him quickly. It was a good time, for me that was just getting away and not running into a snobbish setting. Everyone was so friendly!

Room Tip: Take your pick as far as room, location, view and price. I saw a large bungalo and was informed that it went for $13,000/night, but had private pool. Standard rooms are not unreasonable, so don't be afraid to ask!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank warnerbros2
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I just passed by a few weeks ago on vacation, and it reminded me of my wonderful stay. It has been a few years since I've stayed here, but I still remember laying in bed eating breakfast (fabulous too) and not wanting to leave...EVER! That is saying a lot when I love being outside in sunny California!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2012

If you can afford it, go to this hotel. It is very pricey, but spectacular. One recommendation that will improve your stay: please take a moment and read up about the history of the place. It will enhance the quality of your stay as you see what the film stars of the past did here, who stayed where, what part of the pool served as a hangout. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are clean, staff is considerate and the amenities are tasteful. The only beef I had was how everything at the foyer and entrance comes stop when a Middle Eastern potentate pulls in with his entourage. Thuggish security guys seemed surely (yes, I know, they are supposed to) and the kinder hotel staff backs you off. Oh well, this is life and those of us without security detail, a cavalcade of black Bentleys and Mercedes, babes and such just have to know our place via-a-vis Middle East oil tycoons. But please don't let this cloud your perspective of the place. It is grand and wonderful. Stay there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Arriving by car, after a number of international flights and still slightly dazed by travel, can be a bit overwhelming at the Beverly Hills hotel, as valets and attendants swarm over you the minute you pull up at the entrance.
From there on checking in and registering is a breeze, and as in any good hotel they have somehow figured out who you are and you are immediately addressed by your name.

We were upgraded to a newly refurbished bungalow in the garden behind the main building of the hotel. Now, going through this garden with blossoming rhododendrons – even at dusk – and entering the room replete with a fireplace and a welcome platter of pink macaroons, pink candied jelly and strawberries dipped in chocolate, is like opening one of those beautiful old fashioned gift boxes with pink stripes and a satin ribbons.

The room was extremely comfortable. Bed was super nice and the shower has a very impressive array of tabs and heads in all directions. I liked the walk-in closet.
OK, if I need to be critical, I would say that the new furniture betrays a ‘made in China’ signature, but that is really ubiquitous in the US today and even with US hotels overseas.

What we enjoyed most at the Beverly Hills hotel was the Polo Lounge. It has this vibe of nonchalant sophistication, a mix of people as well as environments (outside and inside). Breakfast and service was top notch. At night the place has a buzzy atmosphere all of its own. Hard to find a place like that, and we simply didn’t bother about the other bars and dining options.

This is not a cheap hotel, but the standard is high. With the exception of Asia, it will be hard to find anything similar at that price in any of Europe’s capitals, and the service won’t be that good.
The best place I have stayed at so far in the US, and I’d definitely like to go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple