1,328 results
All reviews polo lounge the pink palace cabana cafe bungalow suite dorchester collection bucket list treated like royalty hollywood history room service bel air old school celebrity sightings red carpet feel special bottle of champagne checking out los angeles
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I am an LA local and decided to treat myself like a movie star and spend the night at the hotel for my birthday. It was wonderful. I got a complimentary upgrade (on Labor Day weekend for christ sake's) and had a fabulous time. This hotel knows how to get it done. Can't wait to return. Loved lounging at the pool sipping Champagne. Great spot. Can't go wrong.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AngelenoGal
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear AngelenoGal

Thank you for reviewing your recent "staycation" at The Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back very soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was in the OC for work and a friend came along. Once I was done with work, we moved up to Beverly Hills and stayed at the Beverly Hills Hotel for our last two nights in southern California. My friend picked out the hotel, and I had no expectations. It was awesome. I don't think there is even one thing I would change about the hotel. Well, maybe they could light their entrance from the street a little better—it is a funky corner and you go in at an angle.

We were in bungalow 5, which was really awesome. I guess it is one of the few rooms in the hotel with two beds--good for friends traveling together. So, beware there may not be too many choices if you aren't a couple. I guess that Liz Taylor honeymooned in the other half of our bungalow several times—don’t ask. Our half had one very large room and a bathroom almost as large. The only drawback to the bathroom is that the toilet doesn’t have its own area. Otherwise the room and beds were great. The room was pretty dark, but there was light that came in through the door.

We were given fresh fruit and cookies every day—a nice treat.

I did hang out at the pool one morning, and it was quite nice. Be warned, that by 10am all the first row of seats were taken. It sounded like you could reserve some seats, so perhaps call the day before. I didn’t see the evening events by the pool, so can’t comment there. I wanted to, but we just were elsewhere.

I did have breakfast twice at the hotel—once by the pool and once outside at the Polo Lounge. I highly recommend the granola, yogurt, and fruit. I did prefer the French press coffee at the Polo Lounge, which didn’t seem to be available at the pool. The coffee by the pool came in a thermos, but was still only moderately warm upon arrival. I wasn’t able to eat at the “counter” because it was full, but it looked really cute. I would absolutely go there next time.

One night we had dessert quite late at the Polo Lounge and both items we tried were amazing. My diabetic friend ate almost the entire carrot cake, and said it was the best carrot cake she had ever had. I was too busy downing the ice cream cake to really care. It was a Friday night and not the crowd I was expecting. It was an odd mix of what looked like old (meaning age) regulars and some well worn bar flies with a few very skinny girls in too short dresses looking for some action. Needless to say, the people watching was fun.

The concierge was great! They helped us find some great restaurants and navigate the LA roads to connect where we wanted to go. The valets were great. All in all the service was fantastic.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Ronilight,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows. We are glad you took the chance to stay with us and pleased to hear even though you didn't have any, we lived up to your expectations!

We are celebrating our 100th year anniversary and hope you will be back this year to celebrate with us!

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Incredible dedication to service, unmatched history, beautiful rooms and grounds. We stayed at this hotel on the tail end of a California Coast trip and were amazed at how well we treated. From the initial reservation, to the valet, to the concierge... Each made every possible attempt to handle all of our requests and go beyond just filling them. We stayed at The Fairmont, The Ritz and The Four Seasons along the way... None matched the experience we had at The Beverly Hills Hotel. Our suite was nearly the size of our own home and every hotel after this stay paled in comparison to The Beverly Hills. We have inquired about becoming members of the Dorchester Hotel collection based on this one experience with the idea that perhaps our next stay at one of their hotels will live up to this stay.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Barry M,

We were so pleased to read about your experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows. We're flattered to hear the Pink Palace was your favorite stop on your California adventure!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The service was excellent. The room was well appointed. The property is beautiful. I wouldn't expect anything less for the small fortune a room costs at the hotel.

One thing that stood out in my mind was that when we checked in the valet had called ahead so they already had my information. What was really impressive was that they greeted my five year old daughter by name. I never provided this information so the the valet overheard me and relayed that information to the front desk. It made her feel really special. They also made sure to have a child size robe in the room for her and a signature pink rubber duckie. Nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KLS1118

Dear KLS1118,

We were so touched to read your note about your recent arrival experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. As you explained, we have a wonderful staff of five-star employees who are constantly providing this personal level of service. They do this because they have a genuine desire for you and your family to be as comfortable as possible while staying with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Retro done beautifully - just what I imagined old world Beverly Hills would be like. This hotel just added to the whole experience of coming to LA for the first time and being part of the old school movie world glamour. As opposed to what I had heard about LA, particularly Beverly Hills, and indeed Rodeo Drive, where we spent an afternoon, our children were most welcomed and well looked after. The hotel met all our needs, concierge was excellent in providing recommendations that were spot on, and the need to fulfil our kids wishes of seeing celebrities completed. Yes, it's pricey for what you get, but you're paying for the experience of staying in an iconic establishment steeped in history. Well worth it for us!

Room Tip: We booked interconnecting rooms to accommodate our family needs - nice sized lounge areas gave us plenty of space for a family of 5.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Natpalm,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in Beverly Hills at the “Pink Palace.” We are pleased you found the hotel and our city welcoming and I hope your family will be back to visit us again in the near future!

Warm regards,