“GREAT MEXICAN FOOD IN THE SAN BERNARDINO MOUNTAINS”
Review of La Mulita - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Mulita
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I have driven by this place for several years but never took the time to stop by. From the outside, it is nothing special as it is in one of the oldest buildings in Big Bear City (it has been a bar, restaurant, and many other businesses over the years). The interior is also nothing special as it is a very old building and it appears that little to no money has been spent on the decor. The food however, is very good and there are many unique mexican specialties on their menu or on the specials board that you will not find anywhere else. We had a long chat with the owner about the special soups on their specials board and she stated that during the winter months they have even more types of soup and they often times sell out by noon each day. They have an "A" rating from the San Bernardino County Health Dept and everything is homemade and made to order. Your meal will take a little bit longer to receive than in your average restaurant but that is because they are making your meal to your specifications when you order it instead of making much of the meal hours or days ahead. My wife and I were both very happy with the dishes we had and my wife intends to come back regularly to sample the many soups and other specials they have each week. I highly recommend this restaurant if you want good and unique mexican food during your visit to the Big Bear Valley.

1  Thank Steven C

Reviewed 25 February 2013

It looked like the perfect "hole in the wall" type of homemade establishment. We were served stale tortilla chips and underwhelming salsa so we were a bit nervous about the food. Well, the food was unbelievably good. I got the special "Spicy Beef" which was in a green sauce with lots of black pepper and I am still craving it. The boys got crispy tacos which were very good and my Sis got a Carne Asada Burrito that fed her 2 more meals but it wasn't just big...it was tasty!

2  Thank Onecrazykitty
Reviewed 29 August 2012

It was pretty busy but the servers were still there for a smile and very attentive to our group of 5. I had to take my plate home and enjoyed it the next day for lunch. Great place for margaritas!

2  Thank WKDFIRO
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Service slow food was average order was wrong in parts

Reviewed 5 June 2012

If you like spicy, you'll love their salsa! Really the best on the mountain. I live in Big Bear and La Mulita really does have the best Mexican food. Everthing is fresh and from scratch. The staff is so friendly. Nothing fancy so don't expect ambiance, but absolutely do try it for good food!

1  Thank janesig