“Fresh and great food!!!”
Review of La Mulita - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Mulita
Cuisines: Mexican
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 14, 2015 via mobile

I love this place very authentic the owners are so nice and very attentive I have eaten here so many times I can cook Mexican food myself but this is my to go place when I need some good Mexican food away from home good fresh and tasty food try there shrimp tacos so yummy it will make your mouth sing along to pure joy!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed January 10, 2015 via mobile

La Mulita is a small family run restaurant in Big Bear City and reminds me of being in Baja, a few booths and tables with a drink frig located near dining area. I want to love it, but, the food is not always consistent. Usually it is good, but, once the salsa had a hint flavor of seafood (which they serve a lot of), like it was stored together. But, at other times the salsa is great. Sounds funny, but, I rate how good the chips and salsa are. One time we ordered calamari and was awful, so stick with Mexican food. On the plus side the owner makes great homemade tamales and my favorite are the green chile and cheese. You can also call in and order by the dozen. As you can see, I have mixed feelings. Maybe, try it, go in for a nice house glass of wine, with guacamole with your chips and salsa and judge for yourself. Its great for a quiet evening away from the hustle and bustle of Big Bear Lake.

1  Thank Nedra C
Reviewed December 2, 2014

Good friendly service. Great food and I must say their tamales are the best in the Big Bear area. This is one of my favorite places to eat

1  Thank Larry M
Reviewed August 6, 2014

After researching Big Bear restaurants on Trip Advisor, we decided to give this place a try. Upon arrival, we were somewhat put off by the exterior appearance. It is a VERY old building, but based on the reviews, we ventured inside anyway. The interior, though somewhat better than the outside, was stuck in time and cluttered. But again, because of the TA reviews and the A rating from San Bernardino County Health we stayed.

Service here is friendly. chips and salsa were so-so, but the Cocido was wonderful! I will definitely return and try more of their soups. My husband had the chicken enchilada. It was standard fare. Good but not great.

We were so pleased with the Cocido that I decided to order some Tamils to go. I tried 4 varieties. All of the savory ones were tasty. The sweet tamale, which was pineapple based, was too sweet for both of us.

If you are adventuresome, and if you love soups like I do, give them a try.

1  Thank SrGrammyLinda
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I have driven by this place for several years but never took the time to stop by. From the outside, it is nothing special as it is in one of the oldest buildings in Big Bear City (it has been a bar, restaurant, and many other businesses over the years). The interior is also nothing special as it is a very old building and it appears that little to no money has been spent on the decor. The food however, is very good and there are many unique mexican specialties on their menu or on the specials board that you will not find anywhere else. We had a long chat with the owner about the special soups on their specials board and she stated that during the winter months they have even more types of soup and they often times sell out by noon each day. They have an "A" rating from the San Bernardino County Health Dept and everything is homemade and made to order. Your meal will take a little bit longer to receive than in your average restaurant but that is because they are making your meal to your specifications when you order it instead of making much of the meal hours or days ahead. My wife and I were both very happy with the dishes we had and my wife intends to come back regularly to sample the many soups and other specials they have each week. I highly recommend this restaurant if you want good and unique mexican food during your visit to the Big Bear Valley.

1  Thank Steven C