“Breakfast all day long”
Review of Lumberjack Cafe

Lumberjack Cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I read the reviews about the sourdough pancakes and waffles and had to try it. I favor waffles over pancakes but I was not disappointed. It was part of my order that included eggs, potatoes and sausage. I will definitely go back and will probably get a full order of the sourdough pancakes or waffles. Yum!

There are newer reviews for Lumberjack Cafe

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Great crabmeat avacado omelet ask for seafood sauce...it's home made and tasty. Service is good. Nice atmosphere

Reviewed 3 June 2016

This is a great place for breakfast in Big Bear! We had a large group of 8 people, and they were able to seat us all together on the outside patio on a beautiful morning.

I had the California Omelet, which comes with mushrooms, tomatoes, avocado, and jack cheese. I opted to have the hash browns and a side of wheat toast. The omelet was fresh and tasty, the hash browns were nice and crispy. They pre-butter their toast, so be sure to ask for it dry if that's your preference.

Another person in my group had the Crab Omelet, which is served with Krab (not crab), avocado and cheese.

Another in the group had the Snow Peak Waffle, which is served with whipped cream and strawberries.

Another had the two egg breakfast with bacon and pancakes, which looked amazing.

And someone else had the soft tacos.

The restaurant is family owned, and they really treat their customers like they are part of the family. The service here is great, and the food is delicious.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

My 10 year old son and I were staying at Cathy's Cottages for the weekend and the Lumberjack Cafe is down the road a short distance. While the restaurant is fairly small in size and the decor is simple, it has a good family feel to it and is the perfect atmosphere for Big Bear. The staff, which I believe are all family, were very friendly and helpful and provided excellent service. The breakfast was great. My son had the corned beef and eggs which came with a large biscuit and he choose fruit as his side. He said it was the best breakfast ever and he ate everything. I had the chili breakfast burrito. It came with homemade chili and homemade salsa on the side which was excellent and included a biscuit. This was the best breakfast burrito I have ever eaten and I highly recommend it. The portions were large and the prices are very reasonable. When In Big Bear we will definitely eat at the Lumberjack again. I would also like to try lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

I grabbed lunch at this place recently with the wife and a friend. My past visits to this restaurant were just 'ok' as the food was not all that good overall. On this visit the food was much better and the service very good. My wife said her pastrami sandwich was outstanding and my club sandwich with fries was very good. The only negative is that the parking, which is out front, can be tricky when trying to back out and get out onto Big Bear Blvd as it is a busy street with little room to get on/off the street.