All reviews view of the lake top floor beach level big bear lake remodeled room shower head walking distance to the village volleyball court fantastic location restaurants and shops pool and jacuzzi snow summit ping pong rooms are nice pine knot gas fireplace we've stayed
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Spent a long weekend here and found this hotel to be beautifully located. It is right on Big Bear Lake and across the street from the main part of town with all the shops and restaurants. The amenities are really nice--pool, jacuzzi, nice patios for sitting out with the gorgeous lake view. Also great for kids--beach volleyball net, corn hole game, ping pong and playground. The rooms were nice-rustic furniture, clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
MarinaBBL, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Helen, we are so pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay! We hope you do come back and see us again soon! Thank you!

Reviewed September 15, 2017

A well located hotel, right on the lake, walking distance to the Village and Chad's Place. Rooms were okay and amazingly quiet considering the age of the place. We were there for a wedding and I expected lots of noise from all the tipsy guests the night of that but sleeping was no problem. Bed lumpy as heck - they need new mattresses for sure. Fairly clean but on our second night housekeeping had only left us one bath towel to share between us and never refreshed the coffee maker amenities. Really? Left me with no desire to stay again.

Date of stay: September 2017
MarinaBBL, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

We are so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We are glad you could enjoy our location and appreciate all your feedback.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Booked the room through Hotels.com to earn nights towards future stays. I wasn't disappointed at all. Found the room to be a lot more than I expected. If you stay in Big Bear a lot like I do you know that few places offer A/C but it is needed during some of the summer months. I saw a review saying the bed was to soft for them. Yes the beds are soft but it reminded me of the times I would stay with my Great Grandma and sleep on her feather beds. I paid for a Lake View King room and it was great sitting outside enjoying the view. I only booked for one night but after we got there we talked about it and booked for another night so we could enjoy our stay one more day. Like I said I stay up there often but this was the first stay with Marina Resort and I will return and stay with them again. All of the Staff were Very Nice and all asked how we were and if we were enjoying our stay. Lots of things to do in Big Bear Lake and this Resort offers a lot of things to do also. Have Games like Horse Shoes and Volleyball and Guest BBQ's for your use. Just a Great place to relax and unwind with your partner or family and friends. It is also very close to the Village so you are able to walk their.

Room tip: Upgrade to a King Lake View Room. Top Floor with views of Big Bear Lake. It's worth the few extra dollars.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarinaBBL, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Chuck, thank you for making us your choice for Big Bear! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Staff were very pleasant and helpful ( best thing about the place)
Rooms looked great and were clean but you could literally hear every step from the room above and every draw opening and shutting next door.
Beds were uncomfortable, we both woke up with a very sore back.
Great location, literally a couple minutes walk to the village.

View was decent

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarinaBBL, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

We are sorry to hear that you were uncomfortable during your stay. We appreciate that every guest has a different preference for the softness or firmness of their mattress. We also apologize if you found the noise level to be high during your stay. We are glad our staff could give you a good impression while you were here and thank you for all your feedback.

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Although the 3rd level (where our room was) hasn't been renovated yet I still give this resort 5 stars

Great location. Helpful staff.

Outside area (lawn, beach, BBQ areas, play area, pool and Jacuzzi) is just outstanding and perfect for families.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We are so glad you could enjoy all our amenities! We appreciate the 5 stars and hope you and the family will come back and see us again soon!