“Chicken Curry”

Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

This was the best curry I've had in years. Delicious! Whole place smells wonderful. Authentic for sure.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Every time we visit Big Bear we eat here. The food never disappoints. And the service is always phenomenal!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Let me first say that when I head somewhere new I do usually check both the good and bad reviews to see what I could expect but rarely allow them to influence my selection for a restaurant that is ranked 4-5 stars or above.

My personal experience at the Himalayan Restaurant was exceptional. We arrived a little after the main dinner rush (7pm) and getting a table at this time was straightforward although we had to wait a minute for the table to be wiped down (in front of us) - if there was a lowlight this was it.

The server promptly took our drinks and dinner order.

I choose the House lemonade which was unusually different to the norm due to its inclusion of ginger.

The food arrived swiftly, although we did have to check on the Naan bread which arrived a few minutes later.

I went with a lamb based dish and my date had a chicken based dish. We split a rice and a naan between us, as well as having the Onion Bhajis as an appetizer. Having travelled in the Himalayan region, i would say that the dishes tend to be mostly from the southern side of the Himalayas. It wasn’t clear that there was much in the way of true Tibetan options.

Serving size for the Bhajis was larger than expected (probably would serve 3-4 as an appetizer).

I have seen complaints about the size of meat portions, and I had no complaints in this regard. It seems like you can expect 6-8 oz of meat in your curry sauce. If you don’t believe that this would be enough, order additional dishes to meet your appetite or start with other selections from the fairly standard range of appetizers.

If I go back to Big Bear Lake this would probably be a repeat venue.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank peterbN2910RO
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

On the Main Street in Big Bear, I always make sure to eat here at least once a visit. I love their tikka masala and usually get it at lunch time off their lunch special menu which includes soups and a salad. Ask for their hot paste if you like to spice it up. The naan is fresh baked and comes plain or with garlic.
Lots of good stuff on the menu, you can’t go wrong!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank gmichaelcampbell
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

An Indian/Nepalese place in Big Bear? Hell yeah, and it's awesome. Everything we had was flavorful, freshly made, and delicious: the samosas, the vegetarian fried rice, the lamb curry, and the mixed grill. You know it's good when everyone is complaining about how full they are yet they keep eating and every plate is empty at the end of the night. A great unexpected surprise.

Date of visit: August 2018