“Best in Big Bear.”
Review of Bear Creek Resort

Bear Creek Resort
“Best in Big Bear.”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Clean accommodations, friendly and helpful staff. They even recommended a place to pick up great vino. I wouldn't go anywhere else. A+++++++++++++

• Stayed May 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Landers, California
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Our family stayed at the resort in March 2011. The cabins had everything you could need. They had a full size frig, stove, microwave (for the popcorn) pots and pans, utensils, cups and plates, bed linens and towels. We stayed in a two stroy two bedroom and had plenty of space. The Manager was very nice and greeted us with a bottle of wine upon arrival. The location is very good as well. near small shops and stores and lots of fun things to do nearby. They also offer freee continental breakfast. We had an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: just ask for specials
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Penny92285
Temecula, California
Reviewed 28 April 2011

My first stay at bear creek was for 4th of July weekend of 2010. I blindly booked online hoping it would be ok. When we arrived, we were greeted by an amazing friendly staff that showered us with welcomes, Bear Creek T-shirts and bottles of wine! Our check in was fast and easy. When we opened our lodge door, we were pleasantly surprised! Everything was spotless! Any amenities we could possibly want were all right there. The kids had such a blast in the lodge, they never even cared if we left to go do something in town. We even made friends with other lodgers that weekend as we were relaxing on the Bear Creek Grounds playing with our dogs. I immediately made a connection with the staff and vowed to never stay anywhere else up in Big Bear! Since July of 2010, we have stayed at least 10 more times and each time is just as great as the first! My rooms have been clean everytime, the staff has been accommodating and friendly, and i always leave happy! I highly recommend this lodge to anyone whether you are traveling alone or with your family!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My husband and I went to a family Easter egg hunt and stayed at the Bear Creek Spa and Resort. What a lovely place for us to stay. I want to bring my family from back east out to see just how beautiful Big Bear, Ca. is and to stay at Bear Creek Spa which is just a little touch of heaven in the pines. The lake was beautiful and plenty of shopping, just wore a sweater and light coat. The cabins were so nice, new sinks, the kitchen was brand new with granite counter tops! My husband and I ate out one night and stayed in the next couple of nights and cooked and just sat out on the front porch and quietly listened to the trees with the wind moving them around ever so slightly. I didn't want to come home and plan to come back this coming July 2011.

Room Tip: If a couple, Ask for Rm #9, perfect size!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Upland, California
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We found this Resort when we were looking for a place to use a gift certificate. We selected a unit with two bedrooms (Unit 2) so our daughter and us (my wife and I) could have separate bedrooms. It was nice, although the slanted ceilings in the bedrooms (both are upstairs), which conform to the roof line, are fairly low, especially for my 6'1" body! Another aspect of the unit we didn't realize until we settled in was that the bedrooms are over the adjoining units (1 and 3). Lastly (to get beyond the negative stuff) the only bathroom is downstairs. We were sure we were going to trip down the stairs while going to the bathroom at night, but that didn't happen! Overall, however, it was a great place. There are lots of units spread over a wide area at this resort. We checked out others before we left and chose a couple to consider next time we go there (which I think we will do in June!). The resort was quiet and comfortable. The staff was great, also (kudos to Ana!). We wished they had a full breakfast instead of just a continental (which is our expectation from a bed-and-breakfast vs. the upscale motel), but the waffles were good! It is located on Big Bear Road, making getting to and from the resort easy. Wish we hadn't forgot the bottle of wine they gave us a check-in!

Room Tip: Check out the floor plans on the website!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Joe M
Winchester, California
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We had a great time, we have 2 kids, 2 and 4 and everyone that worked there was so friendly and helpful. The cabin we stayed in, which they all are, so clean and everything seemed so new. We had a great time and will definately return!! Great breakfast too! :)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Fallbrook, California
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Had got stuck during storm and staff accommodated me. The manager Jackie was very helpful. Free wifi enabled me to complete my school work and staff was very helpful . I really enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend this facilicity.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo