“I would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cozy Hollow Lodge

Cozy Hollow Lodge
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Big Bear Region
Los Angeles, CA
“I would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

My boyfriend and I came here for a weekend ski trip and it was lovely! It was very cute and nice and quiet. You get your own individual cabin with a porch. There was a fireplace, mini fridge, and microwave in the room. The rooms are bigger than I expected. There was plenty of space for our skis and snowboards and all our snow gear without us feeling crowded. The location is also great! It's very close to the city and a supermarket, where we got sandwiches to take up to the mountain with us. It is also very close to the mountains as well.
I am definitely planning on staying here next time I go up to Big Bear.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hermosa Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

After seeing so many bad reviews about the customer service, I decided to write my own in defense of this cute little place!! I have stayed at Cozy Hollow at least 12 times in the past 12 years. EVERY time I have stayed here, I received wonderful customer service from these people. My room has always been clean and my heaters and hot water have worked just fine. The last time I stayed, Peggy the owner who checked me in actually upgraded my room at no cost because there was a screaming child in the room next to where my original room was supposed to be. I did NOT ask for this either- she offered because she cared. Thanks cozy hollow- I will continue to recommend you guys as I am a happy customer. :)

Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank rbpilates
CHL14, Owner at Cozy Hollow Lodge, responded to this review, 24 April 2011
First we want to thank you for your kind words. We strive to please every guest and appreciate when our return guests continue to be pleased with our service. We take our reviews very seriously and we are always open for improvement.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

The cabins are very cute and extremely clean - spotless, in fact. Some of the cabins are located close to the main road so there is some noise from cars going by but it was very quiet later at night and early morning. It is a great location, within walking distance to Big Bear Village. The decor is very charming and, again, I want to stress how clean the rooms are. I was pleasantly surprised and the price was very reasonable for a holiday weekend. I definitely recommend without any hesitation. Definitely a well-cared for place. Each cabin had a fireplace and firewood for sale at the main office for a very reasonable price. There was some smell of smoke inside the cabin after 30 minutes or so, perhaps there was a problem with the wood itself as the fireplace was clean.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

We came last minute, without a reservation and were accommodated by the warm ,friendly staff. They even gave us a tour and let us choose our own cabin. We saw pictures of the rooms on tripadvisor and believe me, those pictures did not do the place justice!!! The rooms are super clean and decorated tastefully, the grounds are nice,and within walking distance to the village. While here, we went hiking on the Pine Knot trail which was a nice adventure and just around the corner. Overall our stay here was fantastic! We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank mshropshire
Fort Irwin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

My husband and I went to Big Bear with no reservations and after driving the main street found this hotel to be nice looking and the most affordable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were looking for a cabin, something cozy... you're in big bear! we wanted the whole winter mountain cabin ambiance.
The cabin was perfect! It even had a fire place, we were able to purchase fire wood at the front office for a reasonable price and also took advantage of the hot tub. The cabin had a kitchenette and table perfect for two and even a couch to sit and watch the fire.
There was also a very cute play area outside for children. We will definitely take the kids next time.
P.S. also close to everything.. Just a 3 min drive to the village and it's almost impossible to get lost going places from this great location.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
South Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

My husband and I wanted to take a quick getaway from LA. We really didnt know what to expect but upon arrival to the cabin we were suprised the place exceeded our expectations. It had everything that we needed. The location was great, close to everything. It was so cozy and romantic. Peggy and her husband was so accommodating. Our cabin had the privacy and comfort we were looking for. We will definitely be staying at Cozy Lodge whenever we go back to Big Bear area. Thanks for a great time.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

I would not recommend staying here. There policy is no pets. We brought a blanket from home that had pet hair on it and they charged us $50 for a pet hair removal fee. I called to explain that we did not have a pet in the room and they didnt care. They were all about making there extra $50. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank stony909
CHL14, Owner at Cozy Hollow Lodge, responded to this review, 2 May 2010
The housekeeper has been employed for over 10 years with Cozy Hollow Lodge. Housekeeping along with ourselves take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and cabins. I personally viewed the amount of pet hair on our linens and carpet and found it hard to believe it was brought in by a blanket. We have 2 dogs of our own and know pet hair. In any case pet hair removal is very difficult and time consuming. All of our linens were taken of site to be commercially laundered as not to contaminate our laundry facility and other linens. This cabin is not pet friendly and for our future guests would not be satisfactory if any pet hair was found. Our pet policy on excessive hair removal is $100 and we felt $50 was reasonable. The guest was returned their $50 as to promote good customer service!