“Spring Break 2018”

Price range: US$5 - US$12
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

An hour wait, but worth it. Food was amazing! Had spinach & mushroom scramble, kids had the huge pancake & waffles with blueberries (huge hit) and the husband had French toast. We all left with happy & full stomachs.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

Yelpers loved it and we did also!! Drove by the day before and the amount of people lined up waiting was huge, filled the outside patio area so we passed. SO lucky the next day as we only had about a 10 minute wait for a table. While waiting I went about taking some pics and when the cook looked at me I just said I use them for my Yelp review. Turned out he was Jayme the owner and cook for the day. We had a very funny conversation and he is such a down home kind of guy. I really wanted to like the food to give this place a good review, well here is the GREAT review. Service was wonderful, staff kept coffee filled and checked on us to make sure all was ok. Our server Jenell(sp) was attentive and gave us good suggestions on what to order. Now comes the food. The interior of the restaurant is filled with stickers, photos, signs along the walls and a start on the ceiling. Loved looking at them and loved the interior. Grizzly has about 5 seats at a counter and about 6 four tops and a few two tops, so it is small. Best explained as super well done down home breakfast food. We ordered a build your own omelet, the Waffle combo and i think the Fat Pat. Waffle was just as you like, kind of crisp on the outside with a soft inside that was done perfectly. My wife loved her omelet. Done as she liked with witha thin egg wrap with all the goodies tucked inside. My son had the Fat Pat and loved it. The size of the portions as said in almost all the reviews are huge, I think I was the only one who finished the meal. On a side note the gentleman sitting next to me got what looked like an amazing breakfast. I asked him what is was and he told me “don’t ask”. Of course he got “The Mess” and later on he turned to me and said, “fantastic!” For sure we will be back to enjoy a wonderful time and if there is a long wait, WE WILL WAIT!

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Either arrive at the break of dawn or be prepared to wait at this small and cozy and also AMAZING breakfast place in Big Bear Lake! Anytime after 8am, you'll always see a line out front as it's really THAT good. You have to get the pancakes but everything on the menu looks pretty tasty. Staff was warm and friendly and the coffee hot and strong...just what's needed before a day on the slopes! Try not to miss experiencing Grizzly Manor!

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Can't beat this place for Breakfast if you're at Big Bear Lake. The pancakes are ginormous; about the size of a medium pizza. Solid breakfast fare. Get there early or be prepared to wait a while for a table. The place is small so it's tougher to seat a larger party, 6+ people. It's fun to watch the expressions on first timers faces when the pancakes are set in front of them ;)

Reviewed February 26, 2018

The Grizzly Manor cafe was located within walking distance of our cabin. The cafe is very small, but the food is big! Pancakes that cover the entire plate and plenty of food for the money. Some of the best bacon I have ever had! The wait line is partly due to the small size of the cafe, but mainly because the wait is worth it. Friendly service and yes this is a must cafe to visit. Unlike any place I have ever been. Very unique and eclectic atmosphere.

1  Thank xhighjumper