“If You are in Bishop, CA and like Italian....EAt here!”

Perry's Italian Cafe
Ranked #29 of 64 Restaurants in Bishop
Reviewed January 28, 2017

This last fishing trip meant that we had four nights to find different places to eat and Perry's was outstanding. Their food is all made fresh and from family recipes. You really can't go wrong with any of the menu or ala carte items. I had Spaghetti and Meatballs and the pasta and sauce was amazing. Pizza's here are made to order and can accommodate large parties. Wine and beer available. Very friendly and attentive wait staff. This is definitely a locals favorite and was full on a Tuesday evening. It's on my have to go list from here on out.

Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

My sister and I came here for lunch one day and were seated promptly. There were only two other tables that were filled for lunch. My sister ordered a sandwich that came with a salad and ordered a cup of soup on the side and I had a sandwich with a soup. The sandwiches and the soup were really good. The problem I had was with the service. We were seated and less than a minute later we were asked if we are ready to order. I said no and she said she'd give us another minute and be back but she didn't come back for 12 minutes. The attitude and vibe she put out was less than desirable. After she finally returned we put in our orders and my sister probably received her cup of soup. I waited for her to bring out my soup but it didn't happen. After a few more minutes I stopped her on her way by and asked if I could have my soup and she informed me that I couldn't because mine was ordered with my sandwich and they would come out on the same plate... Ok, it may sound like something small but in combination with our drinks not being filled, the waitresses bad attitude and not giving good customer service, the food alone wasn't going to make us come back. We are locals who live here in Bishop and will not eat here again. I want to say that it could be better if we gave it another try but from talking to other people I won't even bother. Third time was not the charm.

1  Thank laceyloowho
Reviewed November 27, 2016

This is an Italian restaurant, not just a pizza parlor, and newly opened. I ordered the veal picatta which I often order to test a new Italian restaurant, and it was great. The blend of lemon, butter, and capers was just right, not greasy, not overpowering. The veal was tender and not over-breaded. The vegies were the standard carrot/cauli/broc mix, which was a little disappointing, the spaghetti marinara which came with it was excellent, but a little too heavy for the delicate veal. The service was attentive and friendly even though a large crowd came in shortly after I did. Personally I don't care for the overhead heating vent/bistro décor, but then, I'm old, and it just looks cold to me. However it does, I admit, lend to the informality of the place. 5 stars because the veal picatta was so very excellent, despite the vegie mix. I look forward to the scaloppini.

Reviewed November 1, 2016

Tried this rather new pizza place. Very clean, really good pizza. We are pretty picky about pizza. We ordered a medium size and the two of us ate a lot and still had leftovers. Not to thick of crust, good tasty sauce. We will be back. The owners were very nice and friendly. Had a very nice experience.

Reviewed October 21, 2016

very poor and inatentive service. The food was adiquate.but we felt iqnored when we were there and the restuearnt was almosr empty. We have has fiends walk out for witing o long to be waiting on after first arrivig. We won't be going back

Been to Perry's Italian Cafe? Share your experiences!