“One of the Best”
Review of El Pollo Loco

El Pollo Loco
Ranked #42 of 62 Restaurants in Bishop
Reviewed June 3, 2017

When this franchise first opened, I really liked it a lot. Then, years went by when there wasn't one nearby, and I almost forgot about it. Then, I saw one in Mesa, AZ, and tried it again, and it wasn't good. Just happened on this one, and needed some lunch, so we went in, and the chicken was great! So glad at least some of the franchisees are still making good food!

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

Fresh food, friendly service and good for the budget. I was originally across the street at the Twexas BBQ who is overpriced and doesn't alliw seating in advance so I came to this fast food restaurant and was happy with the fresh food.

Reviewed May 8, 2017

Since the colonel was out of bird, we went up Main street to the new place. Clean, nice employees and food didn't take very long to come out.
I could eat very little of the chicken. I ordered dark meat and it was dryer than white meat. Meat stuck to the skin in dried chunks.
I saw a number of people enjoying other dishes, my friend had a fairly good quesadilla but I could eat very little of the chicken. They were busy so I didn't bother standing in line to complain. I just won't go back.

Reviewed April 12, 2017

This is new to Bishop and the building used to be part of a well-known American burger chain that shall henceforth only be known as: 'the place that was'. I heard about El Pollo Loco opening in the former location of 'the place that was' and decided to go in for some lunch on my second day of a recent visit to the great township of Bishop. I didn't expect it to be mind-blowing based on the look of the place, it's been re-modelled since it was 'the place that was' and it's very clean and tidy, but still looks like a standard fast food type place.
(All cliches will now be marked with asterisks - not Asterix - that's a cartoon character.)
*Don't judge a book by its cover. *The food was excellent. *Very fresh, tasty and succulent, I wanted a beef burrito, but they are pretty much exclusively chicken at this place. If you're going to the Eastern Sierras *and need a place to stop for lunch, then this is recommended. We have a couple of Mexican restaurant chains in Australia that I really like, but I admit, *this place blew them out of the water. It also has a drive thru! (which I admit, I ended up using too). I was in Bishop for about 10 days and I think I ate here on approximately 12 of those 10 days.
To sum up: *Rome wasn't built in a day, but this place is *taking the world by storm and I think we *should workshop the idea of *establishing a dynamic that will mean we all say that *at the end of the day this place is *worth the visit/the effort/the time.
*LOL
Please don't *get bent out of shape about my cliches *all said cliches are a veritable *bottomless pit, *once you get going.

Reviewed December 20, 2016 via mobile

We just got this restaurant chain last month and I haven't been disappointed yet. The building is remodeled and clean and they food has been great. I love the chicken tortilla soup and the salsa bar (the creamy avocado is the best!). One bad thing is that the last three times we've been there they've been out of chicken tenders. The cashiers are mostly high schoolers with the older people doing the cooking. We haven't received bad service yet, everyone's been very helpful and enthusiastic. Hopefully they don't go downhill once the newness has worn off.

Been to El Pollo Loco? Share your experiences!