“Best place to stay in Bishop”

Bishop Creekside Inn
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The Creekside Inn was a very pleasant surprise - looked good on the outside, just kept getting better! The room was large, a bit on the dated side but comfortable w/ a good TV. The overall look of the hotel, the lobby and the grounds was fantastic. The grounds follow a creek that runs under Main St. - looked like the Storybook Land ride @ Disneyland - very well manicured and peaceful. We enjoyed just having a margarita in the big comfy chairs and listening to the creek babble. The hotel served fresh-made soup @ happy hour & cookies in the evening - different and really good. I would recommend this hotel - best looking in town, right next to Eric Schatt's (not good for my diet), very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back - very quiet. Not sure if the rooms right over the lobby would be as qui...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I was looking for a hotel where I would be comfortable staying in all day and working online while my husband was here on business. I chose Creekside based on Trip Advisor reviews and I thank you all so much. This is one of the top hotels I have ever stayed in and I travel a lot.

First of all, the huge lobby and food area are so inviting and attractive when you come in. The photography hanging is spectacular. Of course, the most important thing is the room. My room was a creekside one and all day as I worked I could glance at the creek, watch and listen to the mallards and the small waterfall. I had a very comfy armchair with a hassock and a large T.V., not like the small ones in many hotels. I took short breaks from working just to sit on the balcony and get some sun while enjoying the view.

The bed was FABULOUS with a pillow top mattress and very soft and attractive linen. We both slept like at home. The room looks more like one in someone's home with nice furniture and wall paper that complements the draperies. A bonus was having 2 sinks in two parts of the bath area. ( I hate sharing a sink with sweet hubby.)

Breakfast was great...many choices...hot ones like eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal. Cold ones like cereal, fruit, toast, bagels, English muffins and scones...and juices.
I was surprised that one reviewer called the breakfast average because I have had many more poor breakfasts than breakfasts like this one.

Then a special treat was at 7 P.M. when the most delicious assorted cookies are served....they are like my homemade ones. I was surprised because most hotel cookies are not worth the calories.

There were no housekeeping issues and our room was cleaned daily. I wonder what happened to one reviewer whose room did not get serviced. It must have been an exception.

The grounds are beautiful as the creek winds around it and the swimming pool is a big one, too. I hope my husband has business this way again because I would love to come back.

Oh, I had a king bed, creekside room and I chose upstairs because I am sensitive to people walking back and forth above me....especially if there are children. It was a big room and very quiet.

Location.....central...next door to the famous bakery in town and across the street from a place with pretty tasty ribs.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank billstek
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The room was clean, and the staff was friendly but there is nothing that makes this hotel stand out other than there are not any better options in town. The bed was hard, and the room was not very soundproof. The hot breakfast was average but the breakfast area was very crowded and the two gals working down there were having a hard time keeping the food replenished. Overall I would rate the hotel as average..

Room Tip: AAA discount rates
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Spent one night in april and will plan to go back for more nights in the future.
The soup and cookies were a nice surprise.
Very nice and large quiet rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Our second stay at the Bishop Creekside Inn within a year. This visit we reserved two creekside rooms for five nights. The Inn has lovely grounds with several creek side rooms and mountain view rooms. All common areas are clean and bright. During our stay, there were days that our rooms were not cleaned, the beds remained unmade, glasses taken and not replaced, no amenities (shampoo,conditioner, lotion, etc). This is quite the opposite from our stay July 2011. If you are only staying one or two nights this is probably the best Inn in Bishop. However, if your plan is to stay longer be prepared to call or visit the front desk with requests to have your room cleaned, etc.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Babette
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Good first impression... Well signposted on Main Street. Nice wide parking bays for cars and vans/trucks. Very pleasant lobby and check in process. Rooms comfortable, spacious and clean. Decent selection of hot and cold breakfast items (although I wish waffles and/or pancakes had been available).

If it were $20/night less it would be a steal. For the money it is a very fair deal. Bottom line: next time I'm in Bishop I'll call here first and will rebook with confidence.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank nigel777
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Creekside Inn this past Saturday. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was also extremely comfortable. We had a creekside patio room which was very nice. We sat outside and relaxed in the sun. It was very peaceful. The Inn offers soup, salad and fresh chewy bread at 5:00 p.m. This was a really nice perk! The soup was very good and filled us up enough so that we didn't have to go out for dinner. In the morning they offer a nice breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, fruit, oatmeal and an assortment of beverages. Everything I tried was tasty. Definitely another great perk! I was so happy with my stay that I have booked another stay four weeks from today. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. Definitely worth checking into if you are in the Bishop area. Oh and the staff was also extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Stay in a creekside room if possible. The sound of the water will make you so relaxed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple