All reviews free popcorn room was clean bunk beds continental breakfast denny's restaurant pet area death valley bbq area fish cleaning area bagels would stay here again right next door fish cleaning station in town shower head fishing trip las vegas
Reviewed September 4, 2018

It was only a one night stay and I had my dog with me as I was passing through on my way to Idaho. I found the hotel to be very clean and a pleasant place to stay. They were accepting of my dog and had good access to the pet area. The people were very pleasant and efficient to work with.I would not hesitate stay there again when in Bishop.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Bhavesh P, Front Office Manager at Vagabond Inn Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your wonderful review. The staff is very happy to hear your stay with us was nice and comfortable.We all look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the beautiful little town of Bishop, Ca. Have a terrific day!

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

On a road trip for a one night stay. Vagabond met our criteria of 3 Cs and a Q. Clean, comfortable, convenient and quiet. Not a bad view from our room either, seeing the Sierra Nevada mountain range in the distance. It's also close to the usual chain restaurants and of course Denny's right next door. Wi-Fi is a bit hit and miss, but no great deal for us. There are a number of hotels along the main street, but for the price, the Vagabond is well run and seems to provide the best all round deal, and we would stop here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

For a family the room was pretty good. Pool was a welcome addition after a long drive. Breakfast was ok. Stocked up on toast and coffee.
Room was well equiped, but tv not so great.
Good facilities, ie plenty of space to sort out cool box etc.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Little leak in the toilet and so there was a small amount of water on the floor. Comfy beds. Breakfast didn’t offer a lot- not much variety. And I was a little concerned when I saw a couple check in and go to their room with their bags, unable to open the door with the key they were given so the woman just slid open the sliding window/doors and walked right in.. Other than that, it was great.
Please note, WiFi is very slow here

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Bishop Inn Tuesday evening just gone en route to Yosemite.

Pros:
- Good location, walking distance to a few restaurants and diners. The pizza place down the road was great
- The room was clean, was a good size
- The bed was a good size and comfortable
- The lady at the check in was super lovely and helpful
- Breakfast selection was good, variety of waffles, toast, bagels, cereal and donuts
- It was a good stopover for us (had just driven through Death Valley)

Cons:
- Wifi didn’t work in our room, or in the reception/dining area. It worked outside of our door (we were in room 29) but was pretty bad elsewhere
- It was pretty loud in the morning. Night time was fine, but the cleaners (I think) started pretty early and were quite loud out the front of the rooms
- Pool was empty, but I believe it was in the process of being filled up whilst we were there

Overall, it was a good motel for a stopover. I wasn’t too phased about the Wifi/noise, as I expect that with motels but thought I should note it for those that are sensitive to noise and need Wifi.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review. The staff is very happy to hear your stay with us was nice and comfortable. I hope you were able to enjoy that sunrise. We do have the most beautiful skies around. We all look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the beautiful little town of Bishop, Ca. Have a terrific day!