“Surprisingly good take out in Blythe”
Review of China Garden

China Garden
Ranked #11 of 40 Restaurants in Blythe
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

House special egg foo yung with roast pork & vegetables was so much that I thought I had gotten someone else's order. House lo mein was also excellent. Traveling with dogs so had to do take out. Certainly not disappointed.

There are newer reviews for China Garden

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

The won ton soup is excellent with a a rich broth, veggies and big fat won tons. I had the orange chicken with brown rice that was wonderful. The portion was large and the food was fresh and perfectly seasoned.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I've dined at China Garden several times. One time v. mediocre, but recently I went again as I overnighted and it was surprisingly good! (Blythe is a town of limited choices for dining out.) Instead of standard Chinese fare, I selected from what purports to be their Japanese (fusion) section and was delighted with my bento box. They offer brown rice as well as several white rice choices; also beer and wine. (I like their Chinese beer better than a house Chardannay which is medium sweet....) CG's menu is extensive with beef, pork, chicken and seafood entrees, several soups including a Vietnamese noodle, seaweed salad, and dumplings amongst the appetizers, something I'm very fond of. Prices are good. Service was most attentive. Atmosphere is rather lurid SW color walls with tables and booths with added bits of Chinese decor (no carpeting.) Still, in a town of extreme blandness, fast food joints, coffee shops, Mexican and a steak place, this is an oasis for vegetarians or those of us who prefer light fare. Exterior name is "China Garden" right on the main drag. (My cash receipt shows "Mao Sheng Restaurant", obviously some business arrangment I can't explain. Regardless, it's a good choice, has evening hours as well as lunch and take-out. I'll definitely be back since I drive I-10 from AZ to LA several times a year and often stay over in this town of endless motels...!

Reviewed 17 December 2016

We were back in Blythe again looking for a good place to eat. We've seen the China Garden before but had found other places to eat before this one in the past. We decided to go this trip. When we got there I was reminded of the dark, quiet exterior but be prepared for a 'shock' when you walk in. That is all I will say about that. The food was quite good. We visit Chinese restaurants all over the west and this was quite good. Our dishes were a fried rice (nice egg in it), beans and chicken (crisp beans), and wor wonton (a nice broth). The owner was quite friendly and we will be back.

1  Thank MITCHEL N
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

Dont know what happened. Used to be excellent! I got the wtong order and the meat had been fried crispy, two employees screaming at each other (aunt and nephew), terrible service.