“Best Taco Salad ever”

Garcia's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Blythe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 August 2017

After a long day's drive, I checked out Trip Advisor. So glad I ordered by phone & my salad was ready by the time I drove from my hotel. Very sweet lady took order & was helpful. The shredded beef was plentiful & so juicy & delicious. The freshly made "bowl" was crunchy & light. Next time in Blythe I will go to the restaurant for the whole "enchilada".

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We were in Blythe one night on our way to Tucson, Arizona and we needed to get dinner so of course we checked with TripAdvisor and chose Garcia's. Good choice as usual. We started with a Margarita and a Dos XX beer to wash down the complimentary chips and salsa. My wife had a Chile Relleno and Beef Enchilada Combo and I had the Shrimp Enchiladas. Both entrees included rice and beans. The food was delicious and generous to the point where we couldn't finish it all. If I'm ever in Blythe again I'd eat here in a heart beat. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

A consistently great spot in this little town. Tonight it just wasn't as good as it can be. Somehow the server decided I needed a green chicken enchilada with my taco tonight. It was good but I'm not a fan of green sauce. I had asked for a cheese enchilada that usually means red sauce. We had waited an extra long time to get our food so I didn't complain. My husband had albondigas soup and said the broth was tasteless. We will be back but will not order the soup and double check our order with the server

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

This little jewel of a Mexican eatery deserves some recognition. The setting is nothing spectacular, as there's only about 7-8 tables located in an older run down building. There's patio seating, but it's a bit brutal this time of yr. So, there's usually a short wait for a seat, but it's so worth it.
The menu offers all the usual suspects, (tacos, enchiladas, chile rellano',etc) as well as quite a number of specialty dishes. The cameneros rancheros(sautéed shrimp with onions, tomatos, and peppers)is a solid choice. And, the steak fajitas are sizzling with flavor as well. But there are 2 items offered here, that really shine above. First, their version of the chile rellano is as good as you'll find anywhere. Not sure how they make it, or how they cover it, but it's a memorable rellano, to say the least. Also, they serve an item here called a sopa. It's similar to what one would call a tostada(flat tortilla with toppings), but thicker. This flour type tortilla has the texture and thickness of a waffle; and comes with chicken or shredded beef, as well as cheese, lettuce, sour cream and more.... Wow, is it good. They can be ordered as a main(2 of them) with beans n rice, or a la carte, as you'll want to order one to go with any other combo I assure you.
The service here is consistently good. These young gals keep the glasses full, and are quite knowledgeable of the menu. And, they also work hard to turn the tables quickly, while showcasing a genuine smile.
Overall, Not sure there are many negatives, except the short wait. If in the small town of Blythe, and craving fresh n tasty Mexican, you have to try this place.
P.S. Almost forgot: They do serve alcohol here. Their margaritas are quite tasty, and appealing. On my last visit though, I ordered beer to complement my dinner choice. However, it wasn't exactly ice cold. Little bit of a let down, as I normally order 2 or 3... (Water just doesn't hit the spot)
Hope that isn't a regular occurrence...

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Nothing fancy just good service and excellent food and drink. Serves locals and workers in transit through Blythe. Highly recommend.