“Shoulda oughta skipped breakfast at the motel”
Review of A&R Bakery

A&R Bakery
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Blythe
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Trip Advisors have rocked out on how good this place is. Once again, trust your peers and head here for some of the best bread I've had in a long time. And having spent some time in management in a previous life at Schat's Dutch Bakery in Bishop, I know good bread when I get it. This is GOOD bread.

So what do you do when you've already eaten. Stop anyway. The owner is a super friendly, proud baker and business owner. We hit it off right away-- and I suspect that's what happens with everybody who runs into him there.

He gave us free samples of everything. Ended up buying bran muffins (so tasty, and you know that's quite an accomplishment with bran) and Squaw Bread (my favorite at Schat's). Can't be honest in comparing this to the famous one in our neighborhood (so many years gone by....), but it was the same reaction as the first time I had squaw bread all those years ago. He sweetens his bread with honey, too.

Very impressed. This guy's a baker. Stop in-- but before you eat somewhere else!

There are newer reviews for A&R Bakery

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

This place is GREAT. Easy in, food is boutique quality, they're even dog friendly. Recommend any sandwich wrapped in their jalapeno cheddar bread, with an ice cold coke in a 16oz bottle. Owner and employees went out of their way to ensure that we were well fed and well served. Love this place!

1  Thank AzRobP
Reviewed 12 July 2017

First time to the Blythe, CA area while on business in neighboring Ehrenburg, AZ. Looking for a place that was not fast food and was taken her. A great place for a great sandwich and if you are in the mood they have fantastic pastries. Prices are not high and it is worth the stop. I will definitely return when I come back. It is worth the stop.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

On a trek to California and didn't want fast food. A&R was convenient, fast, friendly and really good. Our sandwiches were big enough that we had to take half with us.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

The pastries are wonderful and worth the price for the size and the filling alone. Worth a try and going back again.