“Very disappointed after reading their good reviews”
Review of A&R Bakery

A&R Bakery
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Blythe
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed September 24, 2017

My wife were traveling from Arizona to Palm Springs and stopped in Blythe for lunch. My wife researched trip advisor and thought this would be perfect for her. It was before noon but the place was empty. The bakery items were in unlit rustic looking cases that made us doubt their freshness so we passed on those. Decided to split a blt which seemed to upset the employee. We got 1 plate,1napkin and 1 fork. Sandwich was awful I'm afraid. Bacon brittle and tasteless. This won't be a stop on way home

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Great Turkey sandwich on cranberry bread. Comfortable and attractive place to stop on our way to Los Angeles. A wide selection of fresh bakery goods.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Wow! What a fantastic find! We drive back and forth between AZ and CA quite a bit and had no idea until today that Rosa and Alex have this amazing restaurant. We ordered the French Dip and the Turkey sandwich on Cranberry bread. Both were fresh, flavorful and delicious. That turkey sandwich is quite possibly the best flavor combo I have enjoyed in quite awhile. On top of the great food, Rosa was a delight and Alex was fast in the kitchen without compromising any quality. See you on our next trip through!!

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank robertav73
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Picked up bran muffins & Apple Crispy Turnover for my snacks on the road. The muffins have raisins & the bottoms is nutty goodness. So glad I got two. The Apple Turnover is enough to share or have for two desserts if you are trying to be healthy.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 24, 2017

Trip Advisors have rocked out on how good this place is. Once again, trust your peers and head here for some of the best bread I've had in a long time. And having spent some time in management in a previous life at Schat's Dutch Bakery in Bishop, I know good bread when I get it. This is GOOD bread.

So what do you do when you've already eaten. Stop anyway. The owner is a super friendly, proud baker and business owner. We hit it off right away-- and I suspect that's what happens with everybody who runs into him there.

He gave us free samples of everything. Ended up buying bran muffins (so tasty, and you know that's quite an accomplishment with bran) and Squaw Bread (my favorite at Schat's). Can't be honest in comparing this to the famous one in our neighborhood (so many years gone by....), but it was the same reaction as the first time I had squaw bread all those years ago. He sweetens his bread with honey, too.

Very impressed. This guy's a baker. Stop in-- but before you eat somewhere else!

Date of visit: July 2017