“A Mixed Bag”

A&R Bakery
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Blythe
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed March 24, 2018

The restaurant was almost empty when we walked in, but they warned us there would be a wait before our order could be taken so I won't hold the half-hour wait against them. However, I was a little surprised that there was another half-hour wait for our food to be prepared.

My sandwich was very, very good. I recommend the "Turkey with cranberry bread". However, my friend ordered the Philly Steak, and that was very disappointing - it was so greasy that it just about dissolved the bread before she could eat it. The French-Fries were also greasy and limp.

So - it's a crap-shoot. Forgetting the fries and the wait, one meal was very good and one was "not so much".

Reviewed March 22, 2018

We happened upon this on a road trip. It was a wonderful surprise! We enjoyed fresh ingredients on our sandwiches. Service was very good. There is something for everyone on the menu. The woman running the shop was witty and sweet. Would love to have this location closer! Fantastic potato salad!!!

Reviewed March 11, 2018

I love this place, the owners are a very nice couple, they serve inexpensive, and tasty breakfast, and lunch sandwiches. I highly recommend the Turkey, as well as the roast beef!

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Took a chance for lunch. Great sandwich. Service was steller. They have lots of good looking baked goods. Bread was homemade and wonderful. Stop here on my way through Blythe again. Love it.

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

We travel through Blythe often and usually go to Rebel BBQ. Decided to try A&R this time and was NOT disappointed. the menu is simple yet delicious. I had the pastrami and my husband had the cheese steak. the bread is moist (the best), the lady running the place is so sweet, and the cookie I had was dry and crunchy just the way I like it. Best of all we got back on the road feeling satisfied but not bloated. if you are looking for exotic this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for a friendly delicious neighborhood deli...what are you waiting for...get in there.

Date of visit: December 2017