“A Great Surprise!”

A&R Bakery
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Blythe
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

We were driving thru and wanted to find a good place to have lunch. We were looking for anything other than a fast food joint. The place is a cute place, part bakery and part restaurant. My husband ordered a tuna sandwich on honey whole wheat. He really enjoyed it. I had the turkey with cucumbers. The bread was outstanding...cranberry pecan. The Best sandwich I have had in a long time. We took some pastries with us and they were great also. We will definitely try to make it back.

1  Thank Susan S

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We stopped on our way home from Disneyland for a bite to eat before heading to Camp Verde, AZ. We read the reviews and they were spot on. Our sandwiches were wonderful and we took home some baked goods that were to die for. The service was excellent, I think the young man was a son of the owner and he made sure to say how important it was to his dad that he gives great service. He did an excellent job.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

Based on Trip Advisor, I expected something good and we were disappointed. I had the much-complemented turkey sandwich. It was fresh, but without distinguishing character. My husband had the pastrami sandwich which looked nasty. He described it as 'homemade but not in a good way.' The ingredients tasted like something we could buy at the local grocery, packaged meat, mustard and mayo. Atmosphere was minimal and was dominated by a loud TV turned to daytime reality shows, like 'Housewives of' ...whatever. Sorry that the first evening of our trip was punctuated by this place.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

We would never have known to stop here without TripAdvisor. It doesn't look like much from the outside -- it's an unassuming place. We like to support local places and prefer them to chains. You can't go wrong with their wonderful sandwiches! The cranberry bread is amazing! We liked it so much that we stopped here on our drive back to AZ, too.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

The restaurant was almost empty when we walked in, but they warned us there would be a wait before our order could be taken so I won't hold the half-hour wait against them. However, I was a little surprised that there was another half-hour wait for our food to be prepared.

My sandwich was very, very good. I recommend the "Turkey with cranberry bread". However, my friend ordered the Philly Steak, and that was very disappointing - it was so greasy that it just about dissolved the bread before she could eat it. The French-Fries were also greasy and limp.

So - it's a crap-shoot. Forgetting the fries and the wait, one meal was very good and one was "not so much".