“Relaxing view”

The Arches at Borrego Springs Resort
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At The Arches Restaurant, we share a deep appreciation of our collective role in the vibrant health of our environment and our guests. We partner with local artisans, organic farmers and sustainable fisheries to deliver authentic cuisine for any palate. This collaboration between our culinary team and our trusted partners is designed to provide unique food experiences, celebrating wellness and sustainability. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and featuring a full-service cocktail bar with panoramic views of our pristine golf course and breathtaking Santa Rosa mountains.
Reviewed July 7, 2018

We opted for a light dinner after arriving at Borrego Springs Resort, and walked over to The Arches. We were seated by the window at a small bar table and the view across the golf course was lovely. There were not many diners and our server was friendly. However, the experience left much to be desired. We decided to have appetizers and order more as we went along. My husband had the ceviche, which he said was good. It came in a very small cup, like a little dessert cup, and I thought it looked skimpy compared to other places where he has had it. I had the Lobster Balls and sorrowfully they were more filling than lobster. It was all ground together and I could not taste the lobster. We opted not to order anything further. With the 2 appetizers, and 2 (generously filled!) glasses of house Merlot our tab including tip came to about $50.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 20, 2018

I stayed at the Borrego Springs Resort this weekend and on our first night we ate at this restaurant. Only one other table occupied when we were seated. Took a very long time for our waiter to come over to take our order. Took a long time to get our drinks (which were good but weak pour)...took even longer to get our food...so we spent a lot of time waiting.

Drinks empty and no waiter to be found, I finally went to the bar to order another and the bartender turned and left the bar and went to the kitchen (I think?). Waited and waited and he didn't return so I went back to the table to finally find our waiter bringing our food. He did get the second round of drinks fairly quickly (they were strong this time as I asked for a double lol).

When the food arrived, mine was wrong. I ordered a salad with no cheese and add chicken. Cheese was there but chicken was not. I didn't want to send it back and wait even longer so I ate as is trying to pick the cheese out when I could...had the waiter bring the chicken which arrived right before I was done with my salad. The salad would have been great if it had come as ordered. My bf salad came as ordered and was very good.

As we were staying at the resort, we had planned to eat here again but due to this experience we just drove to town to eat and avoided this restaurant. I would suggest you do the same...

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 11, 2018

The Arches is featuring a new menu and the food was amazing. I had the Spicy Burg (Hamburger) with the Veggie Patty (health reasons) and was very impressed. Most veggie substitutes fail to fill me up or meet the needs of my taste buds but I would eat this again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 7, 2018

A very off putting smell as you enter the restaurant. We waited several minutes for someone to show up to seat us both times we were there. We sat on the patio outside, overlooking to golf course. What a superb view! Lots of birds as well. The meals were good value for money. The waiters on the patio were great!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 12, 2018

we stayed at Borrego springs, had dinner there and also happy hour, Gerry was our bartender and he was super awesome.
make sure you sit outside in the lounge area for the happy hour, it is A BEAUTIFUL view.

Date of visit: April 2018