I've never been to Borrego Springs before but needed to get out here to visit a family member that moved here last year. It is definitely very isolated but it was a welcome retreat from living near Downtown LA! Even though the hotel addition was added in 1997, it still seemed a bit dated but perhaps that was just from the effect of seeing "pop corn ceilings" which makes everything seems from the 60's-80's era. The room was still decent and I really liked the big powerful wall a/c which is much needed in the high temps outside. Room had a fridge and microwave Fridge wasn't cold enough and the temp is not settable (I'm sure an energy savings feature.) Not long after I got into the room, I smelled something funny. I traced it to the fridge area, so I pulled out the fridge to look and low and behold there was a pizza box with 3 old pieces of pizza stuck behind it, ewwww. I just grabbed the box and through threw it out. I didn't complain to staff about it because these things obviously happen and housekeeping wouldn't always notice what falls behind the fridge. Later that night on check-in, family members with me (also booked a room there) went to Arches, the restaurant at the hotel. Arches has a nice view of the golf course. I don't remember his name, but kudos to our server that we had on 8/24 about 7pm. He was very friendly. The food wasn't that bad either. Overall, the hotel had a strange feeling because there was hardly anyone around. We also tried to 2 different pools they had and they were nice and clean. Also, being in middle of the desert gives you an awesome view of space. You can see the milky way and so many stars. To see more, you would want to walk away from the hotel lights and go to the nearby residential street. We walked to a street called Foursome Dr (yes, I was giggling about this one.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rest and relaxation await you at Borrego Springs Resort Golf Club & Spa. With 100 well-appointed guestrooms, an 18-hole championship golf course, two swimming pools, whirlpool spa, six lighted tennis courts, restaurant and lounge, banquet and conference facilities and services, business center, complimentary Wi-Fi, local shuttle service and breathtaking views of the Santa Rosa Mountains. Also enjoy our full-service Spa Serenity for all of your spa needs, and enjoy a true desert resort experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Borrego Springs Resort & Golf Club, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borrego Springs Hotel Borrego Springs
- Borrego Springs Resort And Spa