“Typical coffee shop fair”
Review of Kendall's Cafe

Kendall's Cafe
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed January 21, 2018

Just had a simple bite while visiting to view wildflowers. Not many choices of looking for fine food in BS

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

Eggs Benedict was delicious, huge servings and great coffee. Service was a little slow but it seemed to be a very busy morning!

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast here. Food was cooked just like we asked. Tasty, good service too. We will return
soon.

Reviewed December 13, 2017

One week ago on 12/5/2017

Pro: Easy to find.

Cons: Where to start. Insert long sigh here. We walked in and seated ourselves. Two waitresses on duty and perhaps five tables busy. One walks comes over with coffee pot in hand plus menus. (So far, so good...no greeting from her but fine, whatever). With her back to me, she asks spouse if he wants coffee to which he responds yes, please. She immediately begins to walk away (does not serve him coffee from the pot she has in her hand) (note: it is regular coffee, still half full) and I quickly ask if I can have a diet coke. She abruptly looks at me as if I had suddenly appeared in a chair and does not respond to me.

Four minutes later (yes, the watch was ticking) he had no coffee, I had no drink, no water, nothing. Nada. But we did watch as another customer came in after us, receive water, cup of coffee poured and have her order taken. All by this same waitress.

We stood up and as we started out the door, the waitress came up to us and asked if we were coming back. Really? Why?

1  Thank SkiHikeKayakPlay
Reviewed December 8, 2017

The waitress that works here (Selena??) is fantastic. I just loved her great attitude and friendly banter -- with us and with the locals. Our group of four came by for breakfast four days in a row. I had the #1 breakfast (scrambled egg, two pancakes, bacon or sausage) three out of the four days and a bacon and avocado omelette the last day. All breakfasts were hearty and delicious. The waitress remembered us and our preferences, which was a nice touch. Two of the days we also ordered lunch to go to take with us out on the trails. We will continue to return to Kendall's.