“This used to be a decent buffet but last couple of times the food was awful”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Dragon Buffet
Ranked #93 of 137 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 10 October 2017

This place seems to get worse and worse each time we visit. I promise myself I will not come back. All the food tastes greasy and most of the dishes have way too much sugary sauce and breading. The chow mein was greasy. The spare ribs were greasy. The egg rolls were soggy. Even the fresh fruit for desert was tasteless. In Antioch or Brentwood there are a number of much better options for Chinese food.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I went her because my niece had been there and wanted to go for her birthday.
She loved being able to get whatever she wanted.
I will start out by saying I do not eat seafood so this review is based on everything but seafood
The place was clean and looks ok
they appear to have a lot of food but once i started really looking i was not impressed
Everything i tried appeared to be frozen food
nothing tasted or appeared fresh
they even have a guy doing Mongolian bbq but it was not very good
the food tasted and looked cheap
there are kids running around and service themselves and not being too careful of using tongs etc
I know a lot of people like this but i found it very disappointing
I will not go back but I didnt get sick after eating there so that was good

Reviewed 27 March 2017

we've been here many times throughout the last four years the food is always pretty good, they have many varieties to choose from. And they do keep it all well stocked. the receptionist is always very nice but the rest of the staff just stand in their designated areas staring at you at all times almost like you're trying to steal food. They won't talk to you very much at all I'm not sure if some of them even understand English, however if you just come to eat food don't worry about the rest I would recommend this place, the prime rib lately has been very dry and over cooked. but again that's not Chinese food.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

This has become one of my favorite places to go and eat with my family. Clean environment, good food, staff always attentive with customers, something that you don't see in other buffet places. Go and try, delicious selection of plates and not too expensive.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

I always enjoy getting the fresh Mongolian grill when I come here. You pick you ingredients and they grill it for you.