“Thieves Work Here”

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We had a good time at the park and for the money, the hotel was adequate only because of the proximity to the park.

However our entire trip was ruined due to at least one employee being nothing more than a thief and management did nothing to research it further to determine where our stolen item was even though they had cameras recording the area. BE VERY CAREFUL WHERE YOU LEAVE ANYTHING HERE!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,661)

Reviewed 6 April 2009

My family and I (husband & kids) just returned from a trip to Knott's Berry Farm Resort and Theme Park. We started with a package deal. For $245 we got an "over-sized" Camp Snoopy room. My kids are small and I thought they'd enjoy the Snoopy-themed room which included a medium sized Snoopy plush doll, Peanuts Gang on the walls, Peanuts bedspreads and a Snoopy tuck-in service. Snoopy actually comes to the room of the kids on this Camp Snoopy floor between 8:00pm-8:30pm. They loved it.

We checked in early with no problem. Because the package included 4 breakfast buffet tickets, parking and 4 tickets to the theme park, I did the math and figured the room probably should have been about $100 bucks a night, so I was not expecting the Ritz. The hotel used to owned by Radisson. The carpet was red, which was fine for the Snoopy theme, and although it was clean, they could probably use a makeover... the bathroom had old tile with cracked grout, but nothing gross. Our room featured 2 queen beds and a small fridge.

The room also had a note for the kids to call the bedtime story line. No charge for the stories. The kids felt so special.

Breakfast was just okay, but again, it was included, so no complaints as the restaurant was attached to the lobby (convenient).

We found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. Snoopy was even seen in the lobby.

The pool area also features a spa, fitness center, showers and a splash zone for the kids. The hotel is a quick 4 minute walk to the theme park, and they feature a shuttle that will take you to Disneyland Resort/Theme Park.

Our only complaint, really was that the beds were too firm for our liking. But, the kids did not seem to have any trouble zonking out after Snoopy tucked them in.

Room service had decent prices and HUGE portions. All in all, we had a great time. I gave a "3" for the rooms, because of the hard beds.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2009

For the price we paid the rooms were horrible!! However, everything else was wonderful. Every person on staff that we came in contact with was kind and courteous, the pool was really nice and clean and the childrens play area in the pool was great. The location was amazing and we came back to the room mid-day from the park so the kids could take a quick break and have a snack. The restaurant was really nice and the food was great and the prices very reasonable.

Again, the rooms were far less then desireable and I would never stay there again unless the rooms are renovated: the wallpaper was coming off the walls and taped down, the mold in and around the shower made me sick and I wouldn't let the kids take a bath (sit down) they had to stand and shower off. I was truly appauled by the rooms but the rest of the hotel was clean. Would NOT recommend to a friend unless they got a new room, which I head there are some.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2009

I attended a business conference over a four day period and DID NOT have to pay for the room. With that said, I can honestly say that I found the presentation of room to be on par with any other hotel which would charge under $79 per night in a major tourist area.

On the exterior the room seems clean, neat and tidy. But if you look closely, you'll see that this hotel is in need of major repairs and upgrades. Upon entering my room all seemed to be okay except for the peculiar smell in the room. I opened the window and found that I could only open it about 3 inches. I then turned on the air conditioner and found a foul smell coming from it. After returning to the room a few hours later the smell was still present with the window open and discovered what appeared to be mold/mildew in the shower/bath and in the overflow drain for the sink (see pictures). I asked the front desk if I could change room and was given another room just across the hall without any smell issues but it did have mold/mildew on the bathroom wall. Ugh.

Sleeping in the bed was okay but I found the pillows to be old and without fluff. The furniture is scratched and the headboard on the bed was stains from who knows what (carry those sanitizing wipes and wiped down EVERYTHING!).

WiFi is available for $9.99 per 24 hours period! When are the hotels going to stop this obscene practise? The vending machines for sodas are a rip off as well. $3.00 for a Pepsi and $1.50 for a small bag of chips. Go to the Walgreen's across the street and bring your own bottle of water as the hotel will charge you $3.00 for the one sitting on your bathroom counter and the water out of the sink if just awful.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2009

The weather during my four-day stay was unusual -- two days of torrential rain and two days of record low Winter temperatures. All this was over President's day weekend when kids were off from school. So the hotel was full of kids whose activities were restricted by the rain. Given everything that could have gone awry, the hotel did a great job of handling the situation -- even manning the pool and basketball courts in the evenings to give the kids something to do.

While I was here on business than a leisure traveler, I was drawn in by a rate special this hotel had advertised. So perhaps I had lowered my expectations a bit, consonent with the bad economy. I asked for a room in a quiet part of the hotel--that's what I got. I asked the desk to call me as incoming faxes came in--they did that with a smile. I asked the maids to allow me to work on my laptop and to clean my room late in the day when I was out--they did just that. In fact, the desk crew acted on eveyone's requests with smiles.

I ate outside rather than in the hotel's attached restaurant though it seemed popular with guests. And I didn't have a problem with the supervised parking since this allowed me to park by the hotel's side entrance and avoid crowds and confusion in the lobby. The hotel does catering, events, and weddings, so the front entrance and lobby can turn into a zoo.

I room (#442) was small -- sort of European. Oversized furniture made it seemed cluttered.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Forest20851
Reviewed 27 January 2009

Booked thru Hotwire so we got what I thought was a pretty good deal, $51.00 per night. This is in no way what I would consider a 'resort hotel'. I was annoyed that we had to pay an additional $10 per night to park. You also have to pay an additional fee if you want internet. All of the higher class hotels I have stayed at usually provide at least free internet in the public areas, not so here. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, as we were here for a trade show - but we did stay 4 nights. I have never stayed in a motel where you can hear so much noise coming from other rooms. One night there was a high school formal dance being held on the premises, and after it was over we had to put up with about an hour of honking horns & cars racing thru the parking lot. Then there was some sort of wild party going on in the room across the hall. Finally a security man came and cleared out the room. There was also a weird decorated santa sleigh sitting out in front of the entry, and two nights in a row someone plugged it in & there was this annoying Christmas music that kept playing which we could hear in our room (after midnight).

The only good thing I could say about this place is that it is close to Knotts Berry Farm. But there are probably better places to stay that are just as convenient.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2009

Wow, this hotel was great! It is literaly right on the Knott's property, it took like 2 minutes to walk into the park. We got a great deal, they had a special for 1 night, parking, 2 tickets to Knotts, 2 breakfast buffets and 1 in room movie for $144 with tax. The deal wasn't available on the website, they offered it to me when I called the hotel to ask a question before booking. They upgraded our room to what they called an oversized 2 queen room and it was huge! The room was really nice and even had a bar area, which was great because we had 2 kids so the fridge and high bar came in handy to keep things high off the ground where they couldn't reach them. :)
The buffet was not great, but Snoopy comes to the restaurant in the morning at 9am (times may very??), so my daughter got to see him before the park opened (she's only a year and a half old)she was so excited. When the front desk agent saw how happy she was he gave her a big snoopy doll (no charge). The staff was great there even in the restaurant. We only stayed 1 night because we left and went to San Diego to Sea World the next day. If we didn't already have plans I would have stayed another night because it was so nice there.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)