“Wonderful Mouth Full of Tasty Goodness”
Review of Taste Chicago

Taste Chicago
Ranked #116 of 490 Restaurants in Burbank
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed October 19, 2018

I'd never heard of an Italian style beef sandwich but my son who lives in N. Hollywood said he comes here all the time. So on my last visit he brought me to this 'hole in the wall' joint that I would have never stopped at. But these places always seem to be the best kept secrets.

We each had the Chicago style Italian beef and I couldn't believe I've never seen anything like this before. The sandwich was just the right size and loaded with meat and peppers. The first bite made my mouth happy and the dipping juice was best to drink from the cup, and ask for more. I cannot describe the flavors but it was a sweet, spicy, salty, hot mess of yummy wonderfulness. I was so full after just one and yet wanted another...which we didn't order. That great flavor stayed with me the rest of the day. I don't know anything about Chicago, but if this is how they eat a beef sandwich then I think it just might be worth the move, either there or N. Hollywood.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 7, 2018

I ordered the Italian beef sandwich and was very disappointed. The sandwich was $9.25 and the sign stated that it was drenched in Au Jus. It wasn’t. I received a little cup of Au Jus to dip my sandwich in. I also ordered sweet peppers for an additional .60. There were 2 little pieces of peppers sitting on the top of my sandwich and that was it. Over priced and not that great.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I love Chicago deep dish pizza and there are just a few places in Los Angeles that has true deep dish pizza, not just a very thick crust with tomato sauce and toppings on top.

Taste Chicago is one of the best places in Los Angeles for true, Chicago deep dish pizza. It is so good, it really is like eating a deep dish pizza in Chicago! We have also had the garlic bread, the Chicago Dog, the Grilled Italian sausage sandwich, the meatballs in marinara sauce and the cheese penne (just to name a few!). The food here is really delicious. You can eat here or take out. If you plan on ordering the deep dish pizza, give them about 30 to 40 minutes before you pick up, it takes a while to cook. You will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 30, 2018

We went hoping for a real Chicago experience, but this isn't it. I've had better deep dish in grocery stores, for a lot less. No reason to return.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Having tried real Chicago pizza I went here thinking I'd get something like Chicago pizza. After all, they are called Taste of Chicago. Guys, their deep dish pizza is OVERPRICED. Granted we ordered it. We dealt with a rude cashier who was arguing with another customer who had been waiting for 55 minutes and their pizza is not ready. We thought it was isolated incident. We ended up waiting 45 mins for ours! The pizza was substandard, not delicious. It wasn't good at all. Even Liftle Ceasar's pizza is better than this place. I'm never going there again! I'm writing this review to warn others. Do not go there at all!! Horrible customer service! Nasty pizza

Date of visit: July 2017