“Spicy Ceviche in the Strangest Location”
Review of New World Cafe

New World Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
New World Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 186 Restaurants in Burlingame
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Another Trip Advisor classic. Without a recommendation, you'd never find this place. I had Peruvian specials after speaking with the chef. He led me to a chicken, rice and pea soup. I needed to pick some bones out of the chicken - which I think is a great mark of a real soup. Then, I had the spicy whitefish ceviche. My mouth was on fire, but it was a good flavorful heat, not just hot peppers to see how hot they can be. Dinner wasn't cheap $30 including a Mexican Coca Cola and tip, but it was still a great value.

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

The chef creates amazing dishes! The flavor combinations make for a pleased palate. Coffee and desserts are out of this world. I ate here twice one day. Reasonable prices for more satisfying food. And you can tell that the chef, Jorge, cooks with passion and a love for both his customers AND food. Hidden gem, well worth the visit. Skip the bland and the chain restaurants. Come and Experience for yourself. Breakfast or lunch, free wifi, personal service from the owner/chef.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

total surprise. ..a hidden GEM ...great presentation. ...friendly chief. ...great taste in a modest location at bargain prices

1  Thank Ted L
Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

What a surprise! Don't judge a book by its cover! We came here for breakfast and I had their coffee and the Spanish delight omelette. The food was amazing and worth the price. The owner was very pleasant and he recommended the homemade hot sauce, which was amazing. With everything being overpriced in California this place by far is an excellent choice! I'm planning on coming back for dinner!

Reviewed August 4, 2017

My husband and I walked here from the Hyatt Regency Hotel. The restaurant is in an industrial park. The interior is fairly basic. We came for dinner and there was only one other table seated. The food was good, well-flavored and nicely portioned. The service was prompt.