1,033 results
All reviews ruben lopez hour restaurant front desk restaurant attached reuben san francisco open hours fridge and microwave home away from home free wifi flat screen tv convenient location coffee maker night's sleep long flight shuttle service anita
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband and I spent two nights here as part of a tour group.

The hotel is very close to SFO, and there is a complimentary shuttle service running every 30 minutes between the hotel and the airport. We hopped on the shuttle to get back to the airport to take the BART into the city whenever we wanted.

Rooms were clean and quiet.

Downer was that our booking did not include breakfast, and service at the adjoining cafe was a bit slow during peak periods.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adeline T
RRI-SFO, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our newly renovated Inn. As you mentioned we are conveniently located 5 minutes away from SFO airport and easy access to restaurants and shopping centers. We look forward to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in between two flights. I was satisfied with the room, it being clean and comfortable for one person, although the beds might be a little small for a couple. The ground-level window only had blackout curtains, which bothered me a little since strangers walking past could see into my room at night, whereas closing the curtains would not provide the natural sunlight that helps me wake up. A suggestion for the staff: two-layered curtains; a blackout layer, and a thinner privacy layer, would be much appreciated.

The surrounding area was quite clean too, as was the elevator. The vending machine in the laundry was broken, but the front desk had detergent for $1. Wifi was adequate, but I had difficulty getting my Android phone to connect with it.

The courtesy phone provided at the airport wasn't answered on the two occasions I tried, which was somewhat unsettling since it was late and my cellphone wasn't working. The shuttle bus did arrive eventually, though. The shuttles arrive at the hotel every 24 and 54 minutes past the hour. In the morning, they seemed to be behind, whereas after rush hour, they ran on the dot, serving three domestic and one international terminal. Greater frequency would of course be nice, but is probably impractical.

I managed to make a real quick visit to the city; the time needed is about an hour: 15 minutes or so on the bus, 32 minutes on the BART, and some waiting/walking time in between. Completing such a visit in the morning before checking out is kind of challenging, so be warned.

The hotel is situated on what looks like a peninsula of sorts. There's a water feature while facing the main land that looks pretty in the satellite view, but it really is more of a tidal swamp. Bayside Park is nearby and walkable, and you'd get amazing views of aircraft coming in to land if you had time to sit there.

I'd give this hotel four stars for all aspects except its price: I paid more than $110+ for this 2-star hotel, which is more than I'd pay for a 3-4 star hotel elsewhere. Maybe that's just San Francisco for you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrew Y

Thank o for taking the time to review our property. We are newly renovated and conveniently located minutes away from SFO airport. Looking forward to see you again in San Francisco.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Easy access to San Francisco, right off the freeway. Beds were comfortable and having a fridge and microwave made having breakfast easy. A few minutes drive into the town of Burlingame, which has amazing shops and average priced restaurants. We found it a good place to stay and would stay at the Red Roof Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
RRI-SFO, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for your kind comments about our newly renovated property. We are looking forward to see you again during your next trip to San Francisco.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

The hotel is perfect for my needs but my review is regarding the front desk staff.
Ruben Lopez at the front desk is an asset to this property. He is very helpful, kind and a great person. Thank you Ruben for all your help it is truly appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our newly renovated property and for your kind comments about our staff. We look forward to host you again during your next trip to San Francisco.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

we only stayed at red roof inn for one night only. its a nice and simple room for just to shower and rest. but they have a small cafe that is open for 24hours.Its close by the airport and the free shuttle is great! Staff is friendly and very helpful. Rooms are clean and bathroom are nice.

Room Tip: room is nice and clean.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple