Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed 10 August 2017

After driving for hours on end, I finally reach the hotel, only to NOT be greeted by the front desk staff, who was on the phone with a 3rd party for a guest. There are huge no smoking signs everywhere, yet, nobody is following nor enforcing it. Walking to my room after a long day and having to smell disgusting cigars near the pool, and go inside the lobby (walking right by ANOTHER smoker smh). They are not very helpful. I asked the front desk staff if there was anywhere nearby where I could grab a bite to eat (mentioning that I am not from the town nor had I ever been there and didn't want to drive). I was given a list of restaurants nearby, but was neglected to be informed that there was a FREE shuttle that could've taken me to downtown (and save the $40 cab ride to and from). They are rude to the extent that they hold conversations in Spanish right in front of guests (which is rude if others do not speak it, and is not absolutely necessary) joking and laughing while us guests wait in line to be helped. As a former front desk supervisor, I was ever so disappointed in the lack of service. The price is too high for such crappy service, communication and location. Save yourself a hassle and go to a Hilton brand-at least they give you FREE breakfast as well as manager's reception (Hors d'oeuvres and drinks), a shuttle and people who want to help!! at least there you'll be taken care of by people who act like they want the job rather than the job needing them smh. Also, a big wet spot on the floor next to the AC unit. No bueno

Room Tip: At least the view was nice.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Joe V, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that this is not the norm here and we are working on ways to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please contact me, at i0228@redroof.com, if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We began our California holiday here,ran into some minor booking problems but the manager Chris went above and beyond making our stay great.Very close to the airport,but about 20 minutes to San Fran by car--there is no parking in San Francisco unless you pay crazy rates upwards of 50.00.The other real nice feature of staying here is that the city of Burlingame has a beautiful quaint downtown area with lots of shops and nice restaurunts to enjoy.A great rail system has a station here,which we used to take to AT&T park,that I recommend .We enjoyed this hotel so much we booked it again when we came back from Napa before flying to Southern California.

Stayed: May 2017

The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and enjoyed what Burlingame has to offer. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My stay was great!
The two people at the front desk named Jason and Loly were fantastic with answering my questions and filling me in on great places to go while staying here. The rooms were clean and I would definitely come back and stay next trip to the Bay Area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I'm thrilled that Jason and Loly were able to give you with great recommendations. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

The hotel adds a charge to your bill for the room safe, whether you use it or not.

You can request that the charge be removed when you checkout, but most people are probably in a rush when they leave and it gets left on their bill.

It was late when I checked in and had to sign a paper which said they'd charge for the room safe. It just doesn't make sense. This is not a unique feature anywhere.

Planes were still taking off at 1:30 AM and this make for not much sleep.

I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the airport side of the hotel. Make sure to cancel the safe.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob K

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy about the safe charge. Unlike other hotel companies that include in their rate, we give our guest the option to pay for it or not based on the honor system. I would be more than happy to refund this for you if it has not been done so already. Please contact me, at i0228@redroof.com and I would be more than happy to assist you. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Red Roof Inn or Red Roof PLUS+ location in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Very busy place, rooms are good, WIFI can be on and off, from excellent to hard to log in. Pool is nice, food ok in the dinner which is open 24 hours day. A very busy place, so close to airport only 10 minutes drive with the free shuttle.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank lagfleur

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our rooms. We were going through a Wifi upgrade during your stay and I am sorry to hear you had such an unreliable connection. I can assure it is all good now! Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Stayed here after arriving from a late flight into SFO. Location is convenient but shuttle takes a little while. Keep an eye out of it outside, it's a black bus that also goes to Doubletree. Make sure to wave the driver down if he misses you!

Rooms are dated but adequate, a little rough around the edges and very dark. There's a coffee machine and microwave in the room. Check-in staff are efficient but curt.

There are laundry facilities on site plus the usual ice machine and vending machines. There's also an outdoor pool but it was too cold to take a dip during my stay.

The attached restaurant is convenient. They also serve an Asian menu in addition to American. Staff are friendly.

Check out was a breeze.

Don't bother staying here to tour the city if that's your plan. It's a long way away and the BART takes a while to get you into the thick of it. Only do this if you have a car. A late night uber can set you back close to $100.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Terr L

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you found everything you needed in your room and the check in check out process was a breeze. The restaurant sure is great and yummy. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Stayed here overnight on our way to Europe. Changed rooms because there was no airconditioning; secondly as TV did not work; thirdly the smell of the room was smoke and pine sol. Last move we stuck it out even though it smelled heavily of cleaning prodcucts. The management was nice enough to give us a good discount. The shuttle service was on time. I had stayed here before so was a bit disappointed in the rooms this time.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for having to switch rooms multiple times. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our shuttle service. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
4.6 km away
1.7 km away
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!