All reviews san francisco bit dated breakfast buffet free shuttle per day parking fee shuttle service convenient location business center cookies robe transit bart proximity bay trail
Reviewed July 4, 2018

I was bumped from a connecting international flight and was given a complementary night at the Crowne Plaza. The hotel was welcoming after an extremely long day and helpful at a very late check in of 1am. I ordered their overnight pre prepared room service dinner of chicken Caesar salad and found it delicious and fresh. The room was small but adequate. The bathroom was very roomy which is a bonus for a tall person like me and the shower was good pressure with lots of hot water. The bed was an enormous tall king which was really my dream bed; firm mattress with a thick squishy top layer. The things I really appreciated were the little refresher spa creams - a luxurious touch beyond the standard shampoo, conditioner and body balm. I had a magnificent lunch of fillet steak with spring vegetables and their pistacchio gelato in their restaurant. One of my most memorable meals. It was an ideal place for a solo female traveler. The hotel’s airport shuttle was very convenient although a little hair raising and bumpy at times. I’d definitely stay there again. My only complaint was that as this was an unexpected stopover I was trying madly to organise a way to get down to Santa Cruz to catch a concert (I was in the USA to see virtuoso guitarist Buckethead and was heading home after already seeing some shows). The hotel staff I asked couldn’t seem to suggest a way to get there. If I’d realised I could have caught a shuttle to the MUNI, I could have got a lift with another fan. Perhaps staff need to be more informed on transport so their guests who find themselves in an unexpected situation can make the most of it. Unfortunately I spent most of the morning trying to find a solution by myself which kind of wasted my bonus day in the San Francisco area. If I’d found another solution, I would have stayed another night in the hotel. The room was spotlessly clean.

Room Tip: No great views that I could see but it’s a good clean quiet airport hotel.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
agmanager2016, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel. We regret our staff was not more helpful and informative on how to get to Santa Cruz. Our Front Office Manager has reviewed with our staff on how to find out transportation information for our guests. We are glad to hear your room, restaurant, and staff met your expectations. We hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us and not because a problem with your flight.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

We were told that we were to have a junior executive suite when we booked the room for 4 people with free drinks. Checked in and they told me I was in a junior executive suite, they gave me four room keys. Got to the room and it was a standard room. The free drinks were 2 bottles of water, where we expected drinks from the bar. Called up to determine if we were in the right room since a suite implies a higher grade of room. They claim that they don't use the terminology of junior executive suite even though they just told me that was the type of room i was in just 5 minutes before. I am an IHG member, and there was nothing wrong with the room or the service, but the description of the room and the amenities was very misleading, so make sure you document your reservation information and who you speak with so that your expectations are met. (In case you were wondering, they did provide us with 2 additional waters and additional snacks.)

Room Tip: Dont get hornswaggled by the junior executive room... it is a standard room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
agmanager2016, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your comments. We are sorry to hear there may have been some misunderstanding pertaining to your room type and free drinks. We do not have any rooms called junior executive suites so this was a bit perplexing to us. We have standard rooms and suites only. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed June 30, 2018

I stayed 1 night in this hotel last March. For the Bay area, this is a very good value hotel. Starting from $100, you'd get a decent size room in a great location near Burlingame Gate's Broadway street, with many shops and restaurants.

Location: Hotel is located along US 101 in Burlingame, about 8 minutes south of SFO airport. Very conveniently located, walking distance to Burlingame Gate's Broadway street.

Ambiance: the hotel lobby looks a bit dated and cramped, but it's clean and cozy.

Room: the room is decent sized in my opinion, although somebody else could see it just on the tiny side. The room itself is clean, but nothing too special. All amenities are there and they all work perfectly. I think it's suitable for a short stay or if you are on a layover.

Staffs: very friendly and professional. They are really helpful, especially when I realized that I left my phone charger at the hotel. Much appreciated!

Facilities: restaurant, a small gym and swimming pool are in the hotel, but I didn't use them all. The hotel provides a free airport shuttle service, but be sure to tip the driver.

All in all, I find it a good value hotel, nothing too special, and very suitable for a short stay or layover. I appreciated staff's friendliness and professional assistance to help me.

Stayed: March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide detail information on your stay at the Crowne Plaza. We are glad to hear you found the hotel to be of good value and with great service! We hope to see you back!

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my family vacation because it had a hot tub and pool, a must have for my mother in law. Our first night we went to take a dip and after a few minutes I noticed the most awful smell. It brought me back to when I was young and my teenage brother would leave is sweaty soccer socks all over his room. You open the door and it smelled like foot fungus. That is the odor I noticed coming from the hot tub. We were stewing in water that smells like athletes foot. Now I should have known better. The hot tub looked filthy. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt, it’s old and stained I told myself. But there was no excuse for the smell emanating from the water. We quickly got out but to our horror realized we now reeked of dirty feet. We hurried up to our rooms, mortified when we had to share the elevator, and showered. We also washed our bathing suits with shampoo because they smelled like feet and were stinking up the room. We even had to throw our towels in the hall, the smell was so bad. Overall the rest of the hotel was alright. The rooms, service, and food were ok. Nothing special. There was no “how was your stay” or “thank you for visiting us” in fact I had to call a few times from the room phone before anyone would answer and even though there are four of us and we had to order another towel every day, housekeeping continued to give us only three towels. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. At best a three star hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
agmanager2016, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your comments. We are sorry to hear about the issue with our hot tub. Our pool and hot tub is checked by our engineering department daily and this problem should not have happened. I have addressed your comments with our staff to ensure this does occur again. We take your feedback very seriously and regret this impacted your stay. We hope you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you to this area.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Use the free shuttle to airport to jump on BART which gets you downtown..then use MUNI on buses, street cars, cable cars.. We stayed for 1/3 the price of a Fisherman Wharf hotel. The breakfast here is very good and the room was quiet. We bought Clipper cards to use on all public transportation. If you have kids and apply soon enough, you can have their Clipper cards mailed to your residence and they travel for half price on BART and MUNI.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
agmanager2016, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

We are glad to hear you found good value by staying with us rather than at a Fisherman's Wharf hotel. Thank you for your kind comments on our breakfast and quiet room. We hope to see you again when you travel to San Francisco!