See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I've been back and forth across this country and I can say that the only time I've had a worse hotel experience. We stayed in Calimesa for a friends wedding. There are only two hotels in this small town - this is not the one you want to be at. The accommodations are "spartan" to say the least - the mattresses were very firm, and the pillows felt like sacks of old socks. The floors didn't seem vacuumed and nothing had been dusted since 1990s. The linens we received every day were so worn out I wouldn't use them to clean in my house. The worst was when we went to get the "continental breakfast" which was just convenience store wrapped pastry and coffee -- which traumatized my wife when she spit out some kind of bug/insect after a sip. I tried to get another room, but the owner (who spoke little english) screamed "NO REFUND" at me. Though it looks fine from the outside --- stay away!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ryanprint
Reviewed February 25, 2011

While finding hotels online in a city you are not familiar, reviews can be questionable. Booking rooms for my boss and co-workers can be stressful. I called the front dest at the Americas Best Value Inn and knew immediatley this is where my colleagues would be staying. I had the pleasure of speaking to Dilip who explained all the ammenities and answered all my questions regarding safety, rates, and the surrounding area. When my boss returned to the office after his stay, he was very pleased with the security, cleanliness, and warm staff. The price was great too! This day and time excellent customer service is what earns our money and we will continue to use this hotel for all of our trips to the San Bernardino area. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank CoolRoofSystems
Reviewed September 28, 2010

In town for my Grandmother's funeral. We had booked a two night stay at this hotel after arriving in town. After the first night, we realized that the place was completely outdated, absolutely unsanitary and disgusting! We went looking for a different hotel and found a new Holiday Inn Express closer to Yucaipa. We came back to the front desk of the America's Best Value to inform them that we would not be staying the second night. The guy at the front desk, with a thick Indian accent, told us that we would still be charged us for the second night (mind you, it's ~10am!). He went on to tell us that the Hotel is full and he has to charge us for holding the spot... one minor detail that I forgot to tell you is that..... THE PARKING LOT WAS EMPTY! There were MAYBE three cars and we didn't see more than 1 couple our entire time we were there! My dad told him that he understood (just to be nice), but that his Mom had passed away and we were in town for her funeral. This guy started SCREAMING at the top of his lungs, calling my Dad a liar! Telling him that my Grandma did NOT die, and that he was lying to get out of paying the bill! My dad offered to show him a death certificate, and still screaming he essentially told us to 'pack sand'... Honestly, I'm surprised that the police weren't involved, because if we would have stayed in that tiny office 30 more seconds, I think my Dad would have ended up in jail... As horrible as the story is, the title of this review tells the whole story. And none of my family will EVER do business with any America's Best Value Inn ever again!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank BiteOfFrost
abviofcalimesa, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2010

These individuals rented room for two nights. They left in the morning to visit their relatives and our housekeeping lady made their room. They came at 3.00pm. asking to check out and we refuse the refund since it was way passed 11.00am. check out time. Then they giving us an excuse that their mother passed away and threatened us that if they don't get refund then they will complain and place a bad review against our establishment.
our investigation found out that their car was parked at the other hotel in the area. We suspect that they wanted refund so they can stay together with their other relatives at that hotel

Reviewed April 20, 2010

Great Motel! Unusually well kept! Manager is very accomodating. Great price and nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business