Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Relaxing get away

Wanted to try the hot springs out and it was very relaxing. I was early and checked in at the... read more

Reviewed January 1, 2018
MOBX
Foster City, California
via mobile
A little relaxation to start the day

My daughter and I had The Works appointments the morning after an extended day of wine tasting... read more

Reviewed July 7, 2017
297julieq
Rochester, Minnesota
via mobile

All reviews mineral bath spa experience massage room one hour massage great massage wine country wrap trina mud treatment attendant facility wineries
Reviewed December 6, 2015

This is truly an 'original' Calistoga experience to try. This was my second time as I had so much the first time last year. For $89 I had a warm relaxing mud bath, facial while in the mud bath, followed by my own individual whirl pool bath with mineral waters, cool water continually being brought by Trina even before I thought to ask, then steam sauna and finally finished off being wrapped in a cotton flannel sheet and led to a relaxing table to just 'set'. All this for $89. I tried another spa while I was visiting. It was very nice, $$$ and I'm glad for the opportunity. But Dr Wilkinson's is truly money well spent.

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed November 11, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for "the works" and found it a fun experience.

We had never been in a mud bath before and it was very unique. The temperature was not too hot and I found it very relaxing.

I also enjoyed the steam sauna and a 30 minute massage which I wish I had signed up for the 60 minute massage instead.

I also wish they had a couples option because it would've been fun doing this with my wife rather than at the same time as my wife.

Date of experience: November 2015
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2015

So glad you enjoyed your visit here! Family owned and operated for nearly 64 years, your kind review is truly appreciated.

We offer couples massages.... Many years of experience have proven to us that for ultimate relaxation and safety with mud, co-ed doesn't work!

Again, I am so happy your experience was a good one!

Reviewed October 20, 2015

If you are looking for a spa experience, keep looking! I suppose "Spartan" might be fair, but there is nothing here to suggest luxury treatment or calming relaxation. It is an in-and-out no frills experience with the addition of smelly mud--peat+volcanic ash. Also, the 'couples' experience was not available, no explanation, just not available today (on a Saturday!).

Date of experience: October 2015
2  Thank AZLuvTravel
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2015

Thanks for the review! Very sorry that we didn't have the couples treatment available for you on a Saturday....perhaps booking earlier might have made a difference (Napa Valley) and Calistoga are well known. The word "spartan" doesn't bother me and I am sorry that your expectations were not met. . We are unique and absolutely not a typical "spa".

I hope that you find a place, with or without mud baths, book well ahead, in another world that suits you better, without pretense.

All best,

Reviewed September 18, 2015

this place was great to stay at the pools and very easy location to get to from san francisco. we'll be back

Date of experience: October 2014
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2015

Thanks for the review! Hope to see you again......the sooner the better!

Reviewed September 15, 2015

If you've always wanted to have a mud bath but were afraid to take the plunge -- this is the place for it, along with mineral baths, massage, and relaxation.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank Bio-traveler
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2015

Many thanks for the kind words!!!! Sixty three years, family owned and appreciating the vote of confidence!!!

Not sure about stew......I call it an easy-bake poach resulting in supreme relaxation! :)

Thanks again,
Mark Wilkinson

Dr. W was my father.........................