“Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort and Spa”

Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This Napa Valley landmark soothes visitors through mud baths, steam rooms, massages and more. For 64 years and still family owned and managed, a visit to one of the few remaining family ventures is old school and good...We are real!
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Yes it is me again!! A happy, calm, peaceful, rested person after staying at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs!! I was AGAIN greeted kindly and swiftly...never do the front desk agents make you wait...and checked into my poolside room with new age music playing...ahhhhh!! Nick at the front desk was kind enough to give me a pool side room..next to the hot springs! Monique from housekeeping checked in on me to see if I needed anything and WITHOUT even me asking..she delivered pool towels to my room. I settled into the hot spring and was greeted by the familiar friendly bath house staff...ALWAYS asking me if I need anything. EXCELLENT SERVICE...the spa and the massage was outstanding and I love the location because one can just float over to a near by restaurant and enjoy a good meal and wine without even getting in your car. I snuck into the convenient near by market...that is the other positive thing about Dr. Wilkinson's is the location..once you arrive you NEVER have to get in your car until you leave!! But I picked up at delightful pastry and went star gazing from the hot spring and put my jammies on and climbed into the most WONDERFUL LINENS and listened to new age as i indulged in my chocolate heaven!! You don't know what you are missing ...you MUST go to cozy friendly Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort!!

1  Thank katharine m

Reviewed 16 February 2016

I have visited the Calistoga bathes for many years. If you are looking for a high end spa experience, this not your place. If you would like a relaxing mud bath experience without paying a fortune, you will enjoy The Dr. Staff is friendly and welcoming. You will receive a 10 minute mud bath followed by a 10 minute mineral bath followed by a steam room and then a burrito wrap in a quiet room. Massages depend on your choice of package. Massage isn't the best I ever had but the prior treatments along with the atmosphere of relaxation led to some SERIOUS muscle tension release. And if you have arthritis, the mud bath is THE premiere antidote. i have visited many times and am glad to see the Dr. is maintaining a consistent experience.

1  Thank UNR91
Reviewed 16 January 2016

Although very relaxing it was extremely difficult to get out of the mud and mineral bath as they do not have any handles to crab onto. Thought I would be in there for days trying to get out. They cannot help you due to liabilities.

1  Thank PumphreyGrassValley
Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

I had always heard about the mud bathes so while up there I figured I had to give it a try. The mud was extremely hot and took several tries by the attendant with his shovel to get it tolerable. Make sure it is comfortable, not tolerable, as I couldn't wait to get out because it was so hot. Once you get over the fact that you are sitting in mud that countless other people have sat in, it is a unique experience.

After the mud bath, we had massages. There was only one male and the other was female. My companion didn't want a female so I was fine with it. The massage was ok, though I've had better where the masseur reads your body without having to ask whether it feels alright. The woman kept talking, where I prefer to just relax with quiet. One thing that really annoyed me was that she was chewing gum. I find that in professional in any public facing role.

The massage is given in this boarded off are from the dressing area, but you can hear every sound. It isn't really that relaxing - especially given the price.

It was worth doing it once, though I cannot see going back.

1  Thank das404ga
Reviewed 10 December 2015

My husband and I wanted to try the mud bath while we were in Calistoga and signed up for "the works." It was nothing like I expected it to be, it was really like sitting in a tub of hot manure! But anyway, the overall experience was fun and I can see the benefits of having such treatments done. The bath attendants were wonderful and very attentive and made you feel very comfortable despite being nude and covered in mud. The spa is a little dated, but it's simple and clean. I felt great afterwards and my skin was so soft! If I'm ever in Calistoga again, I'd be back at Dr. Wilkinson's for another dip in the manure bath.