Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Relaxing get away

Wanted to try the hot springs out and it was very relaxing. I was early and checked in at the... read more

Reviewed January 1, 2018
MOBX
Foster City, California
via mobile
A little relaxation to start the day

My daughter and I had The Works appointments the morning after an extended day of wine tasting... read more

Reviewed July 7, 2017
297julieq
Rochester, Minnesota
via mobile

All reviews mineral bath spa experience massage room one hour massage great massage wine country wrap trina mud treatment attendant facility wineries
Reviewed February 16, 2016

I have visited the Calistoga bathes for many years. If you are looking for a high end spa experience, this not your place. If you would like a relaxing mud bath experience without paying a fortune, you will enjoy The Dr. Staff is friendly and welcoming. You will receive a 10 minute mud bath followed by a 10 minute mineral bath followed by a steam room and then a burrito wrap in a quiet room. Massages depend on your choice of package. Massage isn't the best I ever had but the prior treatments along with the atmosphere of relaxation led to some SERIOUS muscle tension release. And if you have arthritis, the mud bath is THE premiere antidote. i have visited many times and am glad to see the Dr. is maintaining a consistent experience.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank UNR91
Reviewed January 16, 2016

Although very relaxing it was extremely difficult to get out of the mud and mineral bath as they do not have any handles to crab onto. Thought I would be in there for days trying to get out. They cannot help you due to liabilities.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank PumphreyGrassValley
Reviewed December 26, 2015 via mobile

I had always heard about the mud bathes so while up there I figured I had to give it a try. The mud was extremely hot and took several tries by the attendant with his shovel to get it tolerable. Make sure it is comfortable, not tolerable, as I couldn't wait to get out because it was so hot. Once you get over the fact that you are sitting in mud that countless other people have sat in, it is a unique experience.

After the mud bath, we had massages. There was only one male and the other was female. My companion didn't want a female so I was fine with it. The massage was ok, though I've had better where the masseur reads your body without having to ask whether it feels alright. The woman kept talking, where I prefer to just relax with quiet. One thing that really annoyed me was that she was chewing gum. I find that in professional in any public facing role.

The massage is given in this boarded off are from the dressing area, but you can hear every sound. It isn't really that relaxing - especially given the price.

It was worth doing it once, though I cannot see going back.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank das404ga
Reviewed December 10, 2015

My husband and I wanted to try the mud bath while we were in Calistoga and signed up for "the works." It was nothing like I expected it to be, it was really like sitting in a tub of hot manure! But anyway, the overall experience was fun and I can see the benefits of having such treatments done. The bath attendants were wonderful and very attentive and made you feel very comfortable despite being nude and covered in mud. The spa is a little dated, but it's simple and clean. I felt great afterwards and my skin was so soft! If I'm ever in Calistoga again, I'd be back at Dr. Wilkinson's for another dip in the manure bath.

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed December 6, 2015

This is truly an 'original' Calistoga experience to try. This was my second time as I had so much the first time last year. For $89 I had a warm relaxing mud bath, facial while in the mud bath, followed by my own individual whirl pool bath with mineral waters, cool water continually being brought by Trina even before I thought to ask, then steam sauna and finally finished off being wrapped in a cotton flannel sheet and led to a relaxing table to just 'set'. All this for $89. I tried another spa while I was visiting. It was very nice, $$$ and I'm glad for the opportunity. But Dr Wilkinson's is truly money well spent.

Date of experience: December 2015