Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Relaxing get away

Wanted to try the hot springs out and it was very relaxing. I was early and checked in at the... read more

Reviewed January 1, 2018
MOBX
Foster City, California
via mobile
A little relaxation to start the day

My daughter and I had The Works appointments the morning after an extended day of wine tasting... read more

Reviewed July 7, 2017
Julie Q
Rochester, Minnesota
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Calistoga
from US$105.00
from US$139.00
from US$420.00
from US$399.00
More Info
All reviews steam room mineral bath spa experience massage room professional spa mud spa one hour massage great massage indian springs wine country wine tasting wrap masseuse trina treatment attendant facility
Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

I have never had a mud bath prior to coming to this spa, so it was a welcome treat and a little weird. The smell of the mud is like sulfur it's very pungent. Actually sitting in the mud is stranger and really hot. I couldn't really relax, but you get to soak for a long time after. Honestly the soak and the massage were great and the establishment had great customer service. If you're in Napa I would definitely check it out.

Date of experience: August 2015
4  Thank nadjah n
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2016

Thanks for your review! Your comments are truly appreciated and your kind words have been shared with all staff members!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2016

The mud spa is amazing - peat, sulfur water and volcanic ash. You stay in this mix for 10 minutes, wash off, spend another 10 minutes in a sulfur water bubbly bath, 10 minutes in a steam bath, and end with a "wrap" to relax, refresh and cool down It was extremely relaxing, plus I had just pulled a hamstring, and I found the mud bath combined with a 30 minute massage very helpful.

The facility is not fancy, and one has the impression that little has changed from its inception. But, the staff are all wonderful - the masseuse great, and general staff very kind and helpful.

My husband had the whirlpool treatment, and he did not think it was worth the time or money. I recommend the mud bath as a unique treat.

Date of experience: June 2016
3  Thank Rowerbabe

Thanks for the kind review!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2016

Worst ever. $358 wasted. When generating a complaint, Carolynn Wilkinson and the spa manager were rude and non-compliant to my concerns. RUN FROM THIS PLACE

Date of experience: May 2016
5  Thank its_kathie
Reviewed April 19, 2016

I stayed here with my parents, very relaxing, friendly place. The accommodations are clean but nothing special, unless you really want the true vintage feel. The baths however are lovely, and the hot bath is inside so it stays hotter, the other two baths outside are warm and then cool. Goldilocks could have fun trying the baths here! I also tried my first mud bath here. Very nice, super stinky, but my skin has never felt so good.

Date of experience: January 2016
3  Thank pianokatiecello
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

Thanks so much for the review! I am truly happy that you enjoyed your time here! Our mineral waters are fresh and come from the grounds beneath us at boiling...and indeed, there is sulfur in the water. We've just ramped up our wi-fi in all guest rooms and now offer premium channels as well as easy access to the relaxing waters.

Thank you again!
-Mark

Reviewed April 1, 2016

So I made a trip up to Calistoga with a Girlfriend and our kids for Easter Break and we staggered our massages so that someone was with the kids poolside while the other person was getting a treatment.
I asked for a woman. But apparently she called in sick. I have never been so happy my wishes weren't honored. Tim was amazing. He was so firm and so thorough. It was one of the best massages of my life!
Now I have read other reviews of this place and I have to tell you-I feel like people who complain about the smell of mud? Haven't been to Calistoga before. Yeah it stinks. It stinks EVERYWHERE. Because it's volcanic ash. It's smells like sulphur. News at 11. It smells like that at Dr. Wilkinson's where you can get a full hour massage for $114 and it smells that way up at Indian Springs where you will pay $155 for a "spa hour" (which means 50 minutes). So you know, the choice is yours. But I used to go to day treatments at Indian Springs and things are so much more reasonably priced at Dr. Wilkinson's we feel like we can afford to stay the night! It's a smallerl facility with less frills. That's true. But the things you get? In terms of Spa treatment and options? Are exactly the same. Massages, mud bath, mineral baths, facials, showers and steam. Martha who runs the women's facility is wonderful and has been working there forever. And I happen to like Orange infused water BETTER than Cucumber water!
So if you are like me and you normally prefer a female masseuse? Take a risk! Ask for Time! You won't be sorry!

Date of experience: March 2016
4  Thank Shelly A
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2016

Dear Shelly A,

Thank you so much for the review! So glad that you enjoyed your recent visit! I have passed along your kind comments to all and hope to see you here again soon!

Best wishes,