“unique experience”

Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This Napa Valley landmark soothes visitors through mud baths, steam rooms, massages and more. For 64 years and still family owned and managed, a visit to one of the few remaining family ventures is old school and good...We are real!
Reviewed August 5, 2016

An interesting experience with the mud bath. Probably will like to do annually. Though, I may say its a personal preference.

2  Thank Elen G
in 11 reviews
"trina"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

I have never had a mud bath prior to coming to this spa, so it was a welcome treat and a little weird. The smell of the mud is like sulfur it's very pungent. Actually sitting in the mud is stranger and really hot. I couldn't really relax, but you get to soak for a long time after. Honestly the soak and the massage were great and the establishment had great customer service. If you're in Napa I would definitely check it out.

4  Thank nadjah n
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2016

Thanks for your review! Your comments are truly appreciated and your kind words have been shared with all staff members!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2016

The mud spa is amazing - peat, sulfur water and volcanic ash. You stay in this mix for 10 minutes, wash off, spend another 10 minutes in a sulfur water bubbly bath, 10 minutes in a steam bath, and end with a "wrap" to relax, refresh and cool down It was extremely relaxing, plus I had just pulled a hamstring, and I found the mud bath combined with a 30 minute massage very helpful.

The facility is not fancy, and one has the impression that little has changed from its inception. But, the staff are all wonderful - the masseuse great, and general staff very kind and helpful.

My husband had the whirlpool treatment, and he did not think it was worth the time or money. I recommend the mud bath as a unique treat.

3  Thank Rowerbabe

Thanks for the kind review!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2016

Worst ever. $358 wasted. When generating a complaint, Carolynn Wilkinson and the spa manager were rude and non-compliant to my concerns. RUN FROM THIS PLACE

4  Thank its_kathie
See more reviews
Reviewed April 19, 2016

I stayed here with my parents, very relaxing, friendly place. The accommodations are clean but nothing special, unless you really want the true vintage feel. The baths however are lovely, and the hot bath is inside so it stays hotter, the other two baths outside are warm and then cool. Goldilocks could have fun trying the baths here! I also tried my first mud bath here. Very nice, super stinky, but my skin has never felt so good.

3  Thank pianokatiecello
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

Thanks so much for the review! I am truly happy that you enjoyed your time here! Our mineral waters are fresh and come from the grounds beneath us at boiling...and indeed, there is sulfur in the water. We've just ramped up our wi-fi in all guest rooms and now offer premium channels as well as easy access to the relaxing waters.

Thank you again!