“Remove stress with a healthful treatment”

Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This Napa Valley landmark soothes visitors through mud baths, steam rooms, massages and more. For 64 years and still family owned and managed, a visit to one of the few remaining family ventures is old school and good...We are real!
Reviewed July 7, 2018

Located on the main street of Calistoga, this is a quick walk from many of the lodgings. It is somewhat dated, but clean and the staff is very supportive and informed. Because it is a smaller facility, there is a more intimate and less rushed experience.I have gone with friends in the past, but was there on my own. I recommend a couple of hours to relax and recharge.

1  Thank Bev K
"flannel"
in 3 reviews
"conflict"

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Calistoga is a historic town at the far end of the wine country. It’s charming, full of little shops, bars and amazing eateries. Dr. Wilkinson’s is the place to stay and experience the traditional mud bath. Excellent facilities, great staff and windrrful accommodations if u are spending the night. Walking distance to all of Calistoga’s shops. Easy driving to lots of wineries and fine dining, but stay at Dr. Wilkinson’s and u will be treated royally

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

Wanted to try the hot springs out and it was very relaxing. I was early and checked in at the hotel front desk where they had a place for me to change into my bathing suit and gave me a towel. I was directed out to the pools but not told specifically that there several different ones. Missed the truly hot spring pool but the medium temperature was comfortable. Stayed longer than I anticipated.

Then over to the spa side of things, they were closed when I first got there, and had a lovely mineral bath, sauna, warm wrap and short massage. The attendant, Trina, was helpful, attentive and nice. Johnathan gave me a lovely massage just as I requested.

Some things were a little worn but the overall ambience was comfortable.

1  Thank MOBX
Reviewed August 19, 2017

I had not been to this spa in over 15 years. Finally able to carve out some me time. You are greeted by a professional staff and they were on time. Martha was the attendant for guiding me thru the process and she was fabulous. Next was the one hour massage with Jonathan and it was a great massage. The only small complaint I have is the massage room was a little hot,but there was a fan but it didn't help much. Otherwise a great experience. A friend came along with me for the first time and she enjoyed the spa. Great day trip with your girlfriends.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I had The Works appointments the morning after an extended day of wine tasting . Lots of toxins to get rid of! I experienced Dr Wilkinson's twenty five years ago and the process is very similar. You are greeted and led to a communal area to change into your robe. Then moved to the mud spa area and instructed on how to enter the hot mud bath tubs (naked). Once laying comfortably you are lightly covered with the special mud. It smells a little funky - I think due to the sulfur in the mud mix. You get used to it quickly because it is so relaxing. You are buoyantly suspended in the mud mixture for 10 minutes. Next rinse off in a shower and then 15 minutes in a spa bath tub. Dry off and then sit in a two person stream room. Move to a cool down table, lightly wrapped in a cotton sheet. Then on to the one hour massage. Wet noodle time when you are done. Trina was our mud room attendant and did an amazing job navigating us through the process. I had Jonathan as my masseur and had an awesome massage! Only complaint is that the mud spa room was communal and a bit noisy if you were trying to disconnect and relax. Maybe bring along a pair of ear plugs if you really want to zone out. Still would recommend to friends. It's an experience worth the time and money.

2  Thank Julie Q